Alumni of the Faculty of Information and its predecessors (e.g., Faculty of Information Studies (FIS), FLIS, FLS, SLIS, etc.) are invited to apply for a full conference registration* to the Ontario Library Association’s Super Conference 2020 being held January 29 - February 1, 2020.
FIAA Alumni OLA Super Conference Grant
*Not included are costs such as pre-conference events; ticketed events; travel; accommodation; or food. If circumstance prevents the recipient from using the grant, it reverts to the FIAA Awards & Grants Committee.
In order to be considered for the grant, all of the following criteria must be met. The applicant must:
- Be a graduate of the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information or its predecessors (e.g. Faculty of Information Studies (FIS), FLIS, FLS, SLIS, etc.).
- Not have received a similar grant from FIAA (e.g., Student Conference/Research Grant, Alumni OLA Conference Grant, Alumni Professional Development Grant) in the past three years.
- Clearly demonstrate how attendance at the OLA Super Conference will benefit the applicant’s career and professional development.
Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a successful application as applications are assessed on a competitive basis. The Committee reserves the right to not award the registration if submissions lack sufficient overall merit.
The successful applicant will be required to submit an article, 300-500 words in length, for inclusion on the Faculty of Information website. The submission of a photo of the grant recipient is also highly encouraged.
Application Process & Deadline
Please submit one application package containing the following items:
- A written statement (maximum 2 pages) detailing the applicant’s year of graduation, program of study, and how attendance at the OLA Super Conference 2020 will benefit their career and professional development.
- A current resume or CV.
- A letter of support from an employer, peer, or professional colleague.
Questions and complete application packages can be sent to: Alexia Loumankis (Chair, FIAA Grants & Awards Committee) email@example.com.
The deadline date for the FIAA Alumni OLA Super Conference Grant applications is Friday, November 22, 2019.