Before you apply, it is recommended that you attend one of our upcoming Webinars or Information Nights in order to make an informed decision and learn about the program options.
The Master of Information with a concentration in Information Systems & Design and executive delivery option is specifically for students who are full-time working professionals who have the support of their employer to participate in an executive program delivery model.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn how to analyze and design systems used to manage information and solve problems in business and complex organizations.
- Bridge the gap between business and IT. Strategically make use of data for actionable insights.
- Gather business requirements from users, analyze and define needs, and translate these into specifications that can be implemented to help organizations become more successful. Analyze implications and impact of systems on processes, privacy, etc.
The executive delivery option is specifically for students who are full-time working professionals and have the support of their employer to participate in an executive program delivery model. This option is currently only available for the ISD concentration.
Classes are structured to support working professionals, one evening per week as well as monthly on Fridays and Saturdays. Program length: two years.
INF1005H Information Workshop (0.25 FCE)
- INF1006H Information Workshop (0.25 FCE)
- INF1340H Programming for Information Systems (0.5 FCE)
- INF1341H Systems Analysis & Process Innovation (0.5 FCE)
- INF1342H System Requirements & Architectural Design (0.5 FCE)
- INF1343H Data Modeling & Database Design (0.5 FCE)
- INF2177H Information Management & Systems (0.5 FCE)
- Workplace Project (1.0 FCE)
- Elective Courses or other program options (4.0 FCE)
Work Placement Project
Apply theoretical knowledge learned in the classroom to the critical analysis of a specific issue in your workplace. Complete a medium-scale independent information systems design project under the supervision of your workplace and the Faculty of Information. This will culminate in a written report, demonstration and/or oral presentation. Length: 8 months.
Information Systems & Design professionals work in a wide range of industries, including: financial services, technology, health care, law, government, marketing and communications, non-profit and more. Our ISD graduates work in roles such as: Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Information Architect, Product Manager, etc. with employers such as: Bank of Canada, Canadian Institute for Health Information, CIBC, City of Toronto, Deloitte, IBM, Kobo Inc., Nestle, Ontario Public Service, Open Text, Oracle, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Rogers Communications, St. Michael’s Hospital, TD Financial Group, TELUS, University of Toronto, and many others.
An appropriate bachelor’s degree with at least B average (3.0/4.0 GPA) from a university recognized by the University of Toronto. Supporting document requirements include:
- personal statement
- two academic referees
- letter of support from an executive sponsor at your place of employment who will commit to provide supervision, support, and assurance of resources for you to attend courses and complete a workplace project and confirmation of full-time employment (min. two years, 35 hours per week)
- English Proficiency scores may be required from some candidates.
Applicants must have professional work experience (minimum two years, 35 hours/week). If offered admission into the Executive Master of Information (ISD) option, successful candidates will be required to provide a letter of support from an executive sponsor at their place of employment as well as confirmation of full-time employment.
View detailed admission requirements, application procedures and deadlines: 2018 Entry ISDE
Deadline to apply:
Online application & supporting documents due – May 31, 2018
Entry occurs once a year. The next intake is September 2018