Master of Information and Master of Museum Studies Students
Understanding Enrolment & Registration
- The process of choosing and signing up for courses on the University of Toronto Student Web Service, also known as ACORN.
- You will need to log into ACORN with your UTORid and password.
- A student is only considered “registered” once they have made the minimum tuition payment.
- Students are able to enrol in courses before paying tuition. Once you’ve enrolled in courses, you’ll need to pay your tuition fees by the registration deadline.
- Course enrolment begins in late July, and the registration deadline is typically late August.
- The minimum payment to register for Fall & Winter is: Arrears + 100% of Fall tuition fees.
- Please review this page for information on how and when to make tuition payments.
Adding & Dropping Courses
ACORN will be updated soon with the Fall and Winter 2023/24 courses. Tentative Fall 2023 / Winter 2024 timetables will be made available on our Course Timetables page. You should always make it a habit to check regularly for any updates!
Enrol in courses through ACORN, under “Enrol & Manage”.
- You can only enrol in courses once the enrolment period has started. Every Faculty has their own enrolment start times. Be sure to review the to find the appropriate enrolment start times.
- Always check that the courses you have selected meet your degree requirements!
- If you are interested in taking courses outside of your degree program, please review our guide on taking external courses.
- Get to know what the standard courseload is for you! If you wish to take an additional course in a term, please review our information page on extra courses.
Every term, there is a deadline by which you can drop courses without any academic penalty. Please refer to academic dates and deadlines to find out the drop deadlines for the current term. It’s up to you to be aware of this date!
Before the course drop deadline, you can drop courses yourself on ACORN. You don’t need permission from Student Services to do so. You can find detailed instructions about how to drop courses on ACORN here.
After the course drop deadline, you’ll need to request permission to withdraw from a course. This will involve submitting a petition and justifying the reason for the late withdrawal. Please see the information on Course Withdrawals.
Key Academic Dates & Deadlines
Please view this page for information on the Key Academic Dates & Deadlines for the Faculty of Information
Enrolment Start Times
- Returning Students: July 28, 2023, 6 AM ET
- Incoming Students: August 4, 2023, 6 AM ET
- All times are Eastern Time (ET) as per ACORN.
- Please note that the above times are only for students to enrol in Faculty of Information courses. For enrolment dates for courses outside the Faculty of Information, please view our information page on external courses for more details.
Fall & Winter Courses and Timetable
Tentative Fall 2023 / Winter 2024 timetables will be made available on our Course Timetables page. You should always make it a habit to check regularly for any updates!
Taking External Courses
Broaden your competencies by taking courses outside of your degree program.
Be sure to review the recommended timelines for how and when to make a tuition payment if you are applying for government financial aid, awards and scholarships, or work-study positions.
The recommended deadline to make your minimum tuition payment (or defer your tuition payment if you are receiving a major award or a government student loan) for the Fall 2023 term is September 1, 2023.
The University Student Fees office has outlined various options on how students can make tuition payments:
- Pay from a Canadian bank
- Submit an online credit card payment (will incur a service charge)
- Convert Aeroplan & TD Travel Rewards Points into credits towards paying fees
- Pay with OSAP or other government student loans
- Pay through Convera or Flywire (for students outside of Canada)
Finally, note that our Master’s programs have a minimum degree fee structure. Regardless of whether you are completing your degree as a part-time student or a full-time student, you will pay the same minimum degree fee if you are completing the degree within the regular period (2 years of full-time students and 6 years for part-time students).