Estimated Monetary Value
- Varies; in the past 3 years, the value has been between $1000 to $2000.
Estimated Number of Recipients
- 1 per year.
- Awarded to an incoming or current Faculty of Information graduate student or students whose work focuses on media and communications related investigations begun by Harold Innis, Eric Havelock, Marshall McLuhan and other Toronto scholars on the impact of technology on culture. The recipient, who can be either a full-time or part-time student from the Masters or Doctoral program, will be chosen on the basis of financial need. Academic merit and/or creative initiative will also be considered. Preference is given to a student who is enrolled in a course offered at the McLuhan Centre for Culture and Technology.
- Incoming full-time students enrolling in the Master of Information degree
- High standing in previous academic work. A minimum GPA of A- (3.70/4.0) is required.
How to Apply
- Complete the Faculty of Information Omnibus Awards Application during the open application period.