Calendar for iSkills Workshops: February 19-February 25
Registration for the Winter 2018 iSkills workshops opened at 12pm on January 9, 2018.
This semester we are using a more robust registration system that hosts a calendar. An email with directions on how to register has been emailed to you by Kathleen Scheaffer. Only via the link sent by Kathleen Scheaffer are students able to register. If you have any questions, please direct them to Kathleen: email@example.com. A current list and description of iSkills Winter 2018 workshops can be found on the iSkills page of the Inforum website.
You MUST be registered for each workshop you attend. Those who show up to a workshop but who are not registered/on the attendance sheet, will be asked to leave, as it is an imposition on the instructor and unfair those registered/waitlisted for that session.
Workshop topics range from 3D printing , Research Funding, AI, Omeka, Digital Preservation, Python, Screen-based Interpretation in Museums, and more!
iSchool professors, Inforum librarians, current students, alumni, and a collective of professionals and academics from each program and concentration worked together to create the iSkills roster of workshops. Together with the MI and MMSt curricula, the iSkills workshops create a unique and complete information and heritage graduate educational experience, as well as address academic, professional, and technical competencies aligned with your program and/or concentration.
- Are available exclusively to currently enrolled iSchool students and limited to a few alumni spots
- Are endorsed by professors in all programs and concentrations
- Are a crucial part of successful studies at the iSchool
- Complement the practical and theoretical content of our MI and MMSt programs
Space and requirements
- Workshop are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, so register early
- If a workshop is full, be sure to sign up for the waitlist, as we add sessions to the winter roster based on numbers.
- Most workshops are hands-on; therefore, you will need your UTORid with you for sessions
Reminder emails will be sent a 3 days before each workshop. If a workshop is rescheduled or cancelled, you will be notified by email, so be sure to enter your email address correctly, and check your email prior to the workshop for any updates. Withdraw if you are unable to attend a workshop for which you have signed up at least 48 hours prior to the workshop – the link to withdraw is in your confirmation email. Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.