HTML & CSS 101: Learn how to build websites
Upon completion of the workshop you will:
- Understand what HTML and CSS are and why we need them.
- Understand the various components that make up a basic website.
- Learn basic HTML and CSS syntax.
- Learn to write HTML and CSS from scratch.
- Learn how to update HTML and CSS on existing websites.
- Learn how to use dev tools to inspect web documents.
- Learn how to seek help when trying to understand unfamiliar HTML tags or CSS rules.
Ensure that your computer is running the latest version of Google Chrome. No prior programming experience is required.
Instructor: Asad Ansari, Technical Support Analyst, E. J. Pratt Library, Victoria University, University of Toronto
Date and Time: Saturday October 14, 2023, from 12pm – 3pm