Posting Date: 06/07/2021
Submission Deadline: 07/31/2021
Target Audience: 0–5 Years of Experience
The Hakem Lab is seeking to fill a full-time position for a Research Technical Assistant to perform experiments within the field of Molecular and Cellular Biology. Our research program is focused on understanding cancer mechanisms and identification of novel therapies.
- Perform molecular biology analysis including PCR, RT-PCR, and DNA cloning
- Perform Western blotting, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
- Cell culture and transduction with shRNA and Crispr gRNA lentiviruses.
- Genotype and manage our mouse colony.
- Maintain records of experimental data.
- General lab management.
- A MSc degree in Biology or Biochemistry is mandatory and must have been obtained within the past 3 years.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
If interested in this postion, please send contact information of two references to Dr. Hakem (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Answers- 1: None. 2: Moderate. 3: Extensive
1. How much experience do you have in molecular biology?
2. How frequently have you used molecular biology assays over the past year? Which ones?
3. How much experience do you have in biochemistry?
4. Over the past year, how frequently have you used biochemistry assays? Which ones?
5. How frequently have you used shRNA and gRNA? Describe.
6. How much experience do you have working with lentiviruses and transducing cell lines? Describe.
7. Describe briefly your experience genotyping and working with mouse models
8. What’s your strength? (1-2 sentences).
9. What areas do you need to improve? (1-2 sentences).