Note: The successful applicant will be working from home during declared emergency leave and will be scheduled to work varying shifts including days, evenings, and weekends. The applicant may be scheduled onsite, at any location within the library system, pending the outcome of the Pandemic and Emergency Orders.)
Target Audience: Current Students
Are you looking for a Summer Job? Are you passionate about marketing, promotional storytelling, and community engagement? Then Pickering Public Library is the workplace for you!
Pickering Public Library has a summer job opening (June 28, 2021 to August 27, 2021) for a marketing savvy, friendly and organized post-secondary student who enjoys helping raise awareness about community events and resources. Under the direction of marketing staff, the successful applicant will apply graphic design skills, participate in content planning, assist with social media, perform photography and provide administrative support for the Library’s internal and external marketing operations.
The successful applicant:
- Supports the digital content and design planning for the Library’s website, social media, e-communications, and more.
- Researches and drafts public communications as assigned, including copywriting for social media, press releases, and website content.
- Performs data entry for marketing and generates reports or assessments.
- Supports print promotions for various projects and service areas by applying their design
and copy writing skills.
- Assists with campaign focused photography and videography.
- Demonstrates and maintains the required level of technical proficiency.
- Other duties consistent with job responsibilities
This summer Marketing Student Assistant position is made possible largely due to the Young Canada Works grant, funded by the Government of Canada. To be eligible, a participant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Have registered as a full-time post-secondary student in the semester preceding the YCW job (as defined by their educational institution); and
- Intend to return to full-time post-secondary studies in the semester immediately following the YCW job.
- Be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory;
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment; and
- Not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the YCW work assignment.
Please quote Job ID #E-3 and email your cover letter and resume to People and Culture: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. A satisfactory vulnerable sector/Criminal Records Check VSC (blue form) is required for most jobs at the library. Please note that job offers will only be made upon successful completion of all background checks.
Pickering Public Library is committed to inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free employment practices and to creating a workplace that reflects and supports the diversity of the community we serve. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified applicants including members of racialized groups, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier-free hiring process. For further information about Accessibility at Pickering Public Library, visit https://pickeringlibrary.ca/faq/job-opportunities.