The University of Guelph-Humber (UofGH) is accepting applications for an academic librarian. This position is full-time, 35 hours per week. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for developing and delivering instruction, reference services and collections to support the information and research needs of our diverse students and faculty. The successful candidate will also accommodate individual consultations with students and faculty who require research assistance and may help staff the Library’s research help text/chat service, Ask a Librarian. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Library Services & Learning Resources and will work collaboratively with a small, dedicated team of library professionals, program areas, and partner institutions to plan and deliver exceptional user-centred services. Special projects may also be part of the librarian’s portfolio. Occasional late shifts and/or evening class coverage will be required.
The University of Guelph-Humber is a partnership between the University of Guelph and Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning. Located in Toronto, Canada’s largest and most diverse city, the University of Guelph-Humber offers specialized programs that provide both a University of Guelph honours degree and a college diploma in four years of study. The University of Guelph-Humber offers ten undergraduate diploma-degree programs at Humber’s North Campus to nearly 5000 students. Further information on the University of Guelph-Humber is available at www.guelphhumber.ca.
• provide reference service and research consults to a diverse student population (in-person and online)
• design, develop, and deliver instructional programming
• assist with service evaluation and reporting
• maintain website, online resources and tutorials (in Moodle)
• participate in collection development activities
• participate in a variety of library-related projects
• provide support to management as necessary
• will act as acting manager when required
• fulfill other library-related duties as assigned
• American Library Association-accredited Master of Library and Information Science of Master of Information degree or equivalent is required
• Minimum of five years professional library experience, preferably in an academic setting
• Experience providing reference service (online and in person), preferably in an academic setting
• Experience designing, developing, and delivering instructional programming
• Experience with collection development
• Ability to learn and use new instructional technologies
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task a variety of responsibilities and projects and be adaptable within a variety of professional contexts
• Fluent English-language skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Strong public service orientation and keen attention to detail
• Experience as an Ask a Librarian/askON operator is preferred
• Supervisory and budget management experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
• Experience with LMS platforms and LibGuides will be considered an asset
Academic start salaries are determined by qualifications and years of related experience.
35 hours per week
Interested applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter through Humber ITAL Human Resources via the link below by June 26, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately and telephone interviews may be requested in advance of in-person interviews via meeting software.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Guelph-Humber is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment. The University of Guelph-Humber is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The HR Recruitment Coordinator responsible for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
Organization Web site: http://guelphhumber.ca/library
Application link: https://humber.taleo.net/careersection/hbr_in/jobdetail.ftl?job=14170&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Application deadline:June 26, 2020