Administration/Office Manager & Executive Assistant
Ontario Colleges Library Service (OCLS)
Full-time (37.5 hrs. /week) permanent position
Description and Responsibilities
The Ontario Colleges Library Service (OCLS) is seeking a dynamic, self-directed and experienced administrator, office manager and executive assistant to join our management team. The successful candidate is organized, flexible, pragmatic, dependable, skilled at building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, and thrives in a fast-paced office environment. OCLS is a not-for-profit organization funded in part, by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD), to provide a suite of services that facilitate and support the collective endeavours of the libraries and learning resources of Ontario’s 24 publicly-funded colleges.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administration/Office Manager & Executive Assistant is accountable for effectively and efficiently managing a range of administrative duties in support of OCLS’ day-to-day operations. The position is responsible for the management of OCLS’s corporate records including contracts, Board documents and confidential records; development and maintenance of policy documents; management of facilities, including maintenance contracts and services; as well as acts as a local resource for HR management.
- Providing administrative and human resources support to the Executive Director and Directors of OCLS;
- Providing administrative support for the OCLS Board of Directors; including planning meetings, preparing and distributing agenda, gathering and distributing board documents, taking minutes and managing the corporate record minute book;
- Accountable for managing Administration department resources and overseeing assigned budget activities, providing reliable and cost-effective administrative and facilities operations, including encumbering funds within assigned budget and signing authorities;
- Contributing to multi-year strategic plans and annual business plans;
- Managing service and maintenance contracts with external consultants and with facility contractors; acts as the liaison with the landlord/property management company;
- Accountable for the management of corporate records and ensuring compliance of all corporate documents and policies, including managing contracts, confidential records, and inventories of assets and office supplies;
- Accountable for managing administrative support staff to provide reliable, accurate, timely and efficient administrative support for OCLS;
- Supervising and performing as needed, general office duties, including managing the staff intranet, and assisting with the maintenance of OCLS’s website;
- Responsible for compilation of annual performance and value indicators;
- Managing special projects as assigned.
The qualifications listed below are highly desirable but not necessarily mandatory. Candidates are invited to demonstrate how their skills, knowledge, and experience would best fit this position in their letter of application.
- Minimum of a two-year Office Administration – Executive College Diploma or its equivalent is required at the point of hire; special certification in Human Resources Administration and/or Records Management would be an asset;
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience, including experience in a supervisory role;
- Previous experience managing Board proceedings, official records and documents;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, negotiation and project management skills;
- Demonstrated budget management experience and skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated success with and strong commitment to outstanding customer service;
- Superior problem solving, analytical and organizational skills;
- Library training, or experience working in an academic library or post-secondary institution would be an asset;
- Fluency in the French language would be an asset.
What OCLS Offers
- Competitive compensation; the entry level salary for this Band 9 position is $63,970;
- Learning and development opportunities;
- Small staff working in cross-functional teams;
- Opportunities to build relationships across the province;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits;
- CAAT Pension Plan;
- Minimum of 3 weeks vacation per year;
- Employee and family assistance program (EFAP).
Join OCLS in providing quality services to Ontario’s publicly funded colleges and their libraries and learning resource centres. Visit our website for more details http://www.ocls.ca and view the OCLS Strategic Plan for our values, mission, and additional information.
OCLS respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. OCLS is also an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, OCLS will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process. Off-site interviews can be arranged.
Applications must be received by 4:00 pm April 4th. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Position Start Date – May 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates may apply by submitting a letter of application, current resume, and a list of three references in a single file labelled with “Your Name_#136” via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Your Name – #136” in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.