The United Church of Canada Archives in Toronto is seeking an Assistant Archivist for a 13-month term, full-time (35 hours/week) February 26, 2018 – March 31, 2019.
- Job Number: 18-01
- Opening Date: January 8, 2018
- Closing Date: January 22, 2018
- Anticipated Start Date: March 1, 2018
Assistant Archivist, United Church of Canada Archives
The United Church of Canada Archives in Toronto is comprised of the General Council Archives and the Central Ontario Conferences Archives of the United Church of Canada. The Central Ontario Conferences Archives, a program of the United Church of Canada Archives (Toronto), is the sole authority and repository for the appraisal and permanent retention of archival records of the five Central Ontario Conferences – Bay of Quinte, Hamilton, London, Manitou and Toronto – and the presbyteries and pastoral charges that fall within their boundaries.
The primary role of the Assistant Archivist will be to process Conference, presbytery and pastoral charge records. Duties will include:
- Processing, arrangement and description of Central Ontario Conferences Archives accessions; Performing appraisals with staff and creating finding aids and catalogue records as directed;
- Reference work in Archives reading room and responding to Central Ontario Conferences reference inquiries;
- Digitization of Central Ontario Conferences Archives records as required;
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Central Ontario Archivist or other supervisory staff.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters in Information Studies or Archival Studies preferred;
- A solid background in archival principles; familiarity with RAD and demonstrated experience with managing textual, photographic and other types of archival collections is desired;
- Experience with AtoM, DBTextworks and Microsoft Excel is an asset.
This position works from the United Church Archives located at 40 Oak Street in Toronto, Ontario under normal office working conditions. Attendance at occasional evening and weekend meetings may be required. This is a full-time term position (35 hours/week) February 26, 2018 – March 31, 2019.
The annual salary for this term is $43,883.51. Pension and group benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out this compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to: