Associate Records and Information Management Officer – 23225-FT_LT
Records and Archives Section, Knowledge Management and General Services Division, Administration, Finance and Management Sector
Grade – P2
Contract Duration – 2 years (maximum cumulative length of 5 years) *
: 13-Sep-2023, 5:59:00 PM
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING APPLICATION DEADLINE: please note that the deadline for applications is indicated in local time as per the time zone of the applicant’s location.
This post is a limited-term fixed-term post.
- Organizational Context
- Organizational Setting
The position is located in the Records and Archives Section of the Knowledge Management and General Services Division, in the Administration, Finance and Management Sector. The Section is responsible for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and best practices for the management of WIPO’s organizational records and archives. The Section also contributes to the delivery of integrated strategies for knowledge management and enterprise content management to support business needs and knowledge sharing.
- Purpose Statement
The Associate Records and Information Management Officer supports the daily operations for managing records and information in WIPO. This includes maintaining Records and Information Management (RIM) tools such as WIPO’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system; developing and updating procedures: contributing to the development of RIM tools and solutions; coordinating retention and disposal activities; contributing to the development and delivery of RIM training; encouraging compliance with RIM practices; and providing technical support to WIPO staff members on RIM matters.
- Reporting Lines
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Head, Records and Archives Section.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties:
- Draft and update RIM procedures and guidance; identify gaps and propose improvements to processes;
- Maintain and monitor content structures in WIPO’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system by performing quality checks to assess accuracy of records classification, retention policies, and metadata usage, and propose corrective actions or improvements when appropriate; in close collaboration with business unit focal points, coordinate activities to maintain digital content structures;
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of new RIM tools and technologies including providing functional requirements, identifying and proposing process improvements, testing, and providing feedback;
- Provide technical inputs for the development of RIM policy and strategy;
- Coordinate records retention and disposal activities;
- Develop and deliver training on RIM principles and practices; encourage the adoption of RIM policies, practices and tools; provide technical support to business unit focal points and other WIPO staff members on RIM practices;
- Handle complex enquiries; and provide retrieval services for records and archives upon request;
- Participate in the development and implementation of projects as required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
First-level university degree.
Advanced university degree in records, information, archival management, library science, knowledge management, or a related field.
Certification in records, information or archival management.
At least three years of relevant professional experience including in digital records management, preferably in a large organization.
Experience of managing content in an ECM system.
Records and information management experience in an international organization.
Practical experience in the development and delivery of RIM training to a wide-ranging audience.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Good working knowledge of spoken and written French.
Job Related Competencies (Essential)
Excellent knowledge of RIM principles, industry standards and guidelines.
Practical knowledge of digital records management functionalities within an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system.
Ability to work effectively within mixed disciplinary teams and to liaise with stakeholders on different organizational levels.
High level of customer-orientation.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Competent user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with the ability to quickly adapt to new software and tools.
Job Related Competencies (Desirable)
Experience with M365 SharePoint would be a strong advantage.
- Organizational Competencies
- Communicating effectively.
- Showing team spirit.
- Demonstrating integrity.
- Valuing diversity.
- Producing results.
- Showing service orientation.
- Seeing the big picture.
- Seeking change and innovation.
- Developing yourself and others.
Mobility: WIPO staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Director General and may be assigned to any activities, office or duty station of the Organization. Accordingly, the selected candidate may be required to move from time to time to new functions and/or to another duty station.
Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment. Please note that this estimate is for information only. The post adjustment multiplier (cost of living allowance) is variable and subject to change (increase or decrease) without notice. The figures quoted below are based on the July 2023 rate of 89.2%
Salaries and allowances are paid in Swiss francs at the official rate of exchange of the United Nations.
Please refer to WIPO’s Staff Regulation and Rules for detailed information concerning salaries, benefits and allowances.
* Initial fixed-term appointment of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and other applicable conditions. The selected candidate’s appointment will be subject to an overall term of five years in this position, with no possibility of renewal beyond that term. S/he may, however, apply and be considered for other positions at WIPO.
This is not applicable to WIPO staff members on fixed-term, continuing or permanent appointments, who were recruited following a competition under Staff Regulation 4.10 (“Appointment Boards”).
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill other posts at the same grade with similar functions in accordance with Staff Rule 4.9.5.
Applications from qualified women as well as from qualified nationals of unrepresented Member States of WIPO and underrepresented geographical regions are encouraged. Please click on the following links for the list of unrepresented Member States and the list of underrepresented regions and the WIPO Member States in these regions.
The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised.
By completing an application, candidates understand that any willful misrepresentation made on this web site, or on any other documents submitted to WIPO during the application, may result in disqualification from the recruitment process, or termination of employment with WIPO at a later date, if that employment resulted from such willful misrepresentations.
In the event that your candidature is shortlisted, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of an identification and of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WIPO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually.
Additional testing/interviewing may be used as a form of screening. Initial appointment is subject to satisfactory professional references.
Additional background checks may be required.