Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
“You just figure it out.” These five words describe how you approach problems – and hey, maybe how you approach life overall. You analyze a problem, find the best solution, and implement it. Then you iterate, and do again. And we want you to do it with us as a Business Analyst as part of our Canadian Manulife team.
Here’s the deal: we need your big, beautiful brain to help transform business goals and objectives into tangible next steps like requirements documents and system designs.
See what our students are saying about working at Manulife/John Hancock:
You’ll do things like:
- Use your mad analytical skills to bring order to chaos. Okay, maybe not full-on zombie apocalypse chaos, but you’ll keep projects on track using databases and tools like Excel.
- Analyze business systems and solve complex problems.
- Collaborate with other smart people like Project Managers and Business Users to develop top-notch business/system requirements…and do it before the deadline hits.
- Uncover, analyze, and define user requirements. Then you’ll clearly communicate these so everyone knows their part in the master plan.
- Be a watchdog for issues as they crop up and be quick to recommend solutions.
- Work closely with application developers and our QA team in system testing so the best solutions go forward…perfectly.
This is the job for you because:
- You learn fast. Like “The Flash” fast. You pick up new ideas, concepts, technologies, applications, and tools at warp speed.
- You’ve got experience with systems development and project management methodologies – as well as the MS Office software suite.
- You question everything in a way that gets to the root of an issue so you can go do something about it.
- You’re an all-round super star: an enthusiastic team player with good communications skills who puts the customer at the centre of everything you do.
- You know that part of innovation is failure. And when you fail, you always fail forward…learning something new and becoming even better than you were before.
- You are pursuing a degree in something like Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Finance, or Math. And hey, if you have a combo of Business and another discipline, you’ll score bonus points with us!
- Regardless of what level role you’re looking for (because we have Coop Business Analyst roles that range from Junior all the way to Senior) you’re someone who looks for gaps and figures out the best way to fill them.
Why come to Manulife?
Because we’re not who you think we are. We’re not some stuffy, old insurance company. We’re actually 1100 technology specialists dedicated to improving the health and wealth of Canadians – and doing it in some pretty cool ways. You might be surprised to know that Co-ops love Manulife – and come back term after term. Why? We’ve got what you’re looking for…jobs that embed you in passionate, productive teams, jobs that leave you with great stories to tell at your next set of interviews, jobs that make a Co-op term a fun, profitable break from school. Every term we hire 100+ students – so you’ll have plenty of new friends to chill with. And you can meet your new friends at tons of Co-op events like our recent Execs-serve-ice-cream day, gingerbread house day, and pizza…there’s usually pizza involved.
You’ll also have lots of opportunities for professional growth. Networking with senior leadership? Yes! Access to all our learning and development resources? You bet!
We want you here as a Co-op. And we want to make your experience with us SO AMAZING that you join us in a fulltime after you graduate. It’s really that simple.
So what’s next?
Wow us with a PDF that includes your resume, a cover letter telling us how awesome you are, your transcript, and your Co-op work history (if you have one).
More information and how to apply: https://manulife.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MFCJH_AdminJobs/job/Waterloo-Ontario/Business-Analyst-Co-op-Program–Multiple-Opportunities–Winter-2019—Waterloo_JobReq0366511
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.