Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
CEO & Registrar
You are a healthcare change manager with an entrepreneurial predisposition.
You have earned a reputation for strong personal leadership, great communication skills, and a wealth of change management experience. You can roll up your sleeves and work shoulder to shoulder with your staff then roll them back down to work with world leaders in health information management. With strong listening skills, confidence, and an ability to build rapport with diplomacy you can lead an organization into the future that is already the vanguard worldwide in healthcare information management.
This role has leadership of both of CHIMA’s mandates: to lead and advance the association as spokesperson and advocate; and also to lead the college’s curriculum, certification process, and continuing education opportunities. And much more awaits.
Ideally, you already understand CHIMA’s place in the Canadian healthcare system, perhaps are HIM certified, and have experience in acute healthcare. However, you must be able to demonstrate that you can create partnerships externally using out-of-the-box thinking and diplomacy, in addition to relationships internally with empathy and a coaching mindset.
The role is to implement the strategic plan and concentrate on the four areas of focus that it has adopted: 1) Strengthen CHIMA’s chapters, 2) Establish collaborative strategic partnerships, 3) Provide innovative health information education and credentialing in HIM and 4) Demonstrate the value of CHIMA memberships.
Health information management is on the edge of a rapid transformation in technology, digitization, mobile access, and personalization and CHIMA is at the forefront of this revolution. Representing over 5000 Canadian HIM professionals, CHIMA is a change leader in Canada and around the world supporting advocacy, collaboration, and life-long education opportunities. As Canada’s practice standards and certification leader for health information management, CHIMA plays a vital role in the evolving healthcare of all Canadians.
TOP SIX QUALIFICATIONS
- Represent and advance CHIMA – advocate; spokesperson, external stakeholder partnerships
- Strategic plan management/change management
- Canadian HIM management – curriculum, certification; review, con ed
- Strong personal leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Listening Skills
- Rapport Building
- Change Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Acute healthcare background an asset
- Accommodating to employee needs/development/empathy
- Open to an “up and comer” with energy and strategic plan experience
- Lifelong learner
- Able to establish informal partnerships
- Thinks outside-of-the-box – but not too far
- Sense of humour
A National Organization Advancing the Health Information Management Profession
A Healthy Canada Enabled by Quality Health Information
- System Thinking
- Member Engagement and Evolution
- Identity Development and Collaboration
- Innovative Education and Credentialling
- Strengthen our Chapters
- Establish Collaborative Strategic Partnerships
- Provide Innovative Health Information Education and Credentialing in HIM
- Demonstrate the Value of CHIMA Memberships
Compensation and other Specifics
- University graduate degree strongly preferred
- CHIM certification preferred
- Healthcare association senior leadership experience > 5 years; preferably VP minimum
- Five direct reports; 2 VPs
- Total organization: 11 FTEs, 13 employees
- Total organizational budget: ~$1.6 million
- Physical demands: sitting for long periods, standing; indoors
- Travel: 10%-15% with occasional overnight stays within Canada (one US)
- Salary range: $140k to $160k base salary p.a.
- Bonus/commission: none
- Vacation: 4 – 6 weeks
- Benefits: good
- Pension plan: exceptional
- Relocation expenses: cost recovery
If you are interested in this position, please don’t apply.
If you are excited about this opportunity at CHIMA then please send us your resume and cover letter (in one pdf document). Include a video if you wish where you describe who you are and what you can do. Please respect the time of CHIMA and send your submissions to email@example.com only. Send your submission from your own email and not LinkedIn or other websites. We look forward to hearing from you.
CHIMA is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.