A job description for this position can be found at https://www.callanderpubliclibrary.ca/careers
The town of Callander is located in central Ontario at the southeast end of Lake Nipissing in the Almaguin Highlands region of the District of Parry Sound. Callander is a vibrant and beautiful rural community just 14 km. south of North Bay. Callander Public Library is known for excellent children’s programming and can boast that in 2018 we won a first place award of $10,000 for our TD Summer Reading Program.
Our Board and Council are planning a new 10,000 square foot library/community hub on waterfront property. Architectural renderings have been drafted and the Strategic Fundraising Campaign Committee is preparing plans for a major fundraising campaign. The CEO will provide strong leadership throughout the next phases of the Library Building Project and strategic advice during all stages of the Fundraising Campaign. The CEO is a member of the Building committee and the Strategic Fundraising Campaign Committee, taking the lead in planning the accounting for donations and receipting and providing support by writing documents and reports as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
Preferred applicants will hold an MLIS graduate degree or undergraduate degree in a related discipline such as, public administration, education and business administration or equivalent qualifications and experience.
• three to five years of increasingly responsible public library management
• well-developed leadership, organizational, interpersonal and public relations skills
• experience in developing planning documents and policies
• demonstrated success in managing innovation and change in a library setting
• experience in collection development, implementing and managing technology services
• strong understanding of integrated Library Systems
• experience in budgeting, bookkeeping or accounting services and financial reporting
• experience in a supervisory position, i.e. responsible for performance reviews, training and scheduling
• strong critical thinking skills
• strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
• experience managing a Fundraising Campaign and/or Building Project is an asset
• requires some travel to meetings and conferences
• ability to work some evenings and weekends
• must be willing to undergo a Vulnerable Sector and Criminal Record Check
Organization: Callander Public Library Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Hours: Permanent Full-time (35 hr. per week)
Salary Range: $63,318 to $71,635 Benefits and Pension Package
Posting Date: January 30, 2020 Closing Date: February 14, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Send your resume with a covering letter outlining your qualifications and demonstrating how they match the position requirements to:
By Mail: Jo Sawyer, Board Chair
P. O. Box 807
Callander, ON P0H 1HO
By e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes dropped off at the Library will not be accepted
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used only for the purpose of candidate selection.
An equal opportunity employer
Please apply with a covering letter and resume, with experience, skills and education