Chief Executive Officer
lincoln Public Library
The Lincoln Public Library (LPL) is a two-branch system serving a fast-growing diversifying population. A new CEO is being recruited on the retirement of the long-serving incumbent.
Lincoln is immediately east of Grimsby, with easy access to the larger centres of St. Catharines, Hamilton, and Toronto. The current population of just under 24,000 is on the cusp of unprecedented growth. The spread of the GTHA and potential expansion of GO service will significantly affect Lincoln as it changes from a predominantly rural and agricultural area to one that is also home to many commuters.
The new incumbent will address a range of opportunities to ensure that service levels are consistent and meet the needs of the community:
- Oversee the upcoming library delivery needs assessment project (with an external consultant)
- Review organizational structure and staffing, including part-time vs. full-time, training and development needs
- Review short- and long-term facility needs and physical service options in light of existing relatively new branches already at capacity and projected population growth
- Clarify and foster relationships and responsibilities to ensure the library is positioned to effectively collaborate with all the town’s key staff and organizational units.
This position will appeal to those who are passionate about the difference community-led libraries make and who have:
- A graduate-level degree in library-information science (preferred) or comparable level of education (including and not limited to business, technology or public administration), leadership experience in a library, public sector, cultural, municipal or not-for-profit environment, or any combination of education and experience which readies them for this executive role
- Political acuity and ability to adapt to political changes
- The personality, drive and ability to reach out and forge the necessary partnerships and relationships
- A willingness to problem solve and seek creative solutions
- Administrative, human resources, programming, and budget responsibilities and demonstrated successes
- A sincere desire to be an integral part and champion of the growing and evolving Lincoln community.
Lincoln Public Library offers a highly competitive salary compensation package. For more details about the position and application process, please consult https://www.lincoln.library.on.ca/employment. Competition closes December 21, 2018.