Circulation Student Intern
Reporting to the Coordinator, Circulation & Access Services, the Circulation Intern is responsible for assisting with the provision of circulation services within the Dorothy H. Hoover Library at OCAD University (OCAD U). This temporary placement is targeted to recent graduates of, or students in the process of completing, a Library Technician’s Diploma Program.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work scheduled shifts at the Circulation Desk, including afternoons, evenings and Saturdays
- Provide circulation services to Library patrons (e.g. students, staff, faculty) using Horizon library system
- Support maintenance of the Library’s collections, including shelving, refilling and shelf reading
- Participate in other areas of Library services, including the Learning Zone, reserves, inter-library loans and document delivery, as needed
- Maintain Library photocopiers and replenish paper & supplies as required; assist patrons with operational problems
- Open and close Library as required
- Currently enrolled in or recent grad of a Library Technician’s Diploma program
- Technologically proficient in library systems, preferably Dynix/Horizon
- Strong oral & written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and participate collaboratively in a team environment
- Willing and able to work evening and weekend shifts as required
Hours of Work: Scheduled shifts up to 15 hours per week, until April 23, 2018 with the possibility of renewal.
Salary: $17.00 per hour, inclusive of 4% vacation pay
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume, with a cover letter, including two (2) references by visiting the OCAD University employment page at www.ocadu.ca, no later than Friday, December 8, 2017, at 5:00pm.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
OCAD U is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.