Department: Community & Development
Location: Napanee, Ontario
Hours of Work: 9:00am to 5:00pm (May 6 to August 23, 35 hours per week)
Salary Range: $17.63 per hour
The County of Lennox & Addington requires a Collection Assistant to help our Museum and Archives inventory the museum collection. The position will assist with the many facets of a working museum including care and handling, conservation, storage, exhibition, and research.
- Inventory the last five years (2013-2018) of the museum collection, this consists of approximately 1500 records.
- Assist with the preparation of objects to be handled, photographed, packaged, re-shelved in storage, cite condition reports, and data entry for Past Perfect Online.
- Research and update relevant information to the database entries not previously included from the accession file.
- Provide support to the Curator for other collection needs as they arise with project progression and make recommendations as needed.
- Be very organized and task oriented, this position requires a significant amount of solitude and concentration through the day.
- Minimum Post-Secondary education in related Museums Studies discipline (either in progress or completed in last 6 months).
- Demonstrated familiarity with computer software – PastPerfect and Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work with photographic equipment and other graphic technology.
Please forward a detailed resume and covering letter by 4:00 pm on February 22, 2019 to:
County of Lennox and Addington
97 Thomas Street East
Napanee, ON K7R 4B9
Phone: 613-354-4883 Fax: 613-354-3112
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.