Job Title: Content Asset Librarian
About Spin Master
Spin Master (TSX:TOY; www.spinmaster.com) is a leading global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs, manufactures, licenses and markets a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. Spin Master is best known for award-winning brands including Zoomer™, Bakugan™, Meccano™, and 2017 Toys of the Year, Hatchimals™, Air Hogs™ and PAW Patrol™. Since 2005, Spin Master has received 82 TIA Toy of The Year (TOTY) nominations with 21 wins across a variety of product categories, including 13 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors. To date, Spin Master has produced six television series, including 2007 success Bakugan Battle Brawlers and current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally. Spin Master employs over 1,000 people globally with offices in Canada, United States, Mexico, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Poland, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia.
The Content Asset Librarian oversees the digital media library and provides direct support to Spin Master’s in-house creative/advertising team. Video content includes television commercials, entertainment trailers, promotional materials and social media assets- and it’s all about toys!
The librarian is primarily responsible for collecting assets from internal/external content creators, cataloguing assets on an internal server, creating accessiblity to internal employees and third-party stakeholders though DAM (Digital Asset Management system) and providing excellent reference services in a timely manner. Knowledge of special libraries is considered an asset as we have designed library policies and procedures to suit the unique needs of Spin Master’s digital media library.
- Management of all digital media assets (video, audio, graphics) for both internal and external distribution
- Ensure all assets and deliverables are received and follow up for any missing assets.
- Format, organize, and catalogue assets and deliverables on local server.
- Deliver assets to internal and external teams as requested.
- Submit deliverables for upload to DAM.
- Maintain physical archive of hard drives with project footage and deliverables.
- Maintain library of hard drives used by Creative Content team.
- Update and share weekly report of newly available assets for international teams.
- Create asset collections for creative team’s reference as requested.
- Work with Producers to assist in asset delivery (logos, music, other IP assets).
- Assist internal stakeholders (brand teams, creative services and corporate) with preparing and/or editing internal and external media productions
- Support Global organization with Content requests in multiple formats (creating DVD’s, Reels, digital link transfers, etc.).
- Professional disposition and manner required as this position communicates with colleagues both internally and externally at various levels.
- Must be a team player
- University degree in Library and Information Science, ALA-accredited program or equivalent post-graduate certificate with experience in related field.
- 1-2 years experience in digital asset management or television broadcasting/production or media-focused library/archive environment.
- Demonstrated experience in acquisitions, cataloguing best practices, digital asset management and providing excellent reference services.
- Good knowledge of video/audio file formatting and converting for all media platforms
- Must be able to establish priorities, have excellent time management skills and work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills; role will work closely with cross functional teams and executives
- MAC OS and PC proficient.
- Ability to work varied hours as required
- Proficiency in the following programs/software an asset: Adobe Media Encoder, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, digital video formats, digital audio formats
If you are interested in being a part of Spin Master, please send us your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Internal applications / referrals, please contact your Talent Acquisition Specialist @ Spin Master.
While applying please ensure that you highlight the source & job title in the subject line.
eg: Application for ‘ Job Title & SOURCE: (where you heard about this job) in the subject line.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.