The ArQuives (formerly the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives) is the largest independent
LGBTQ2+ archives in the world. Primarily a volunteer-run organization with a focus on Canadian
content, The ArQuives acquires, preserves, and provides public access to information and
collections in a variety of formats. Our organization offers a range of research, exhibition,
educational, and community programming. We are happy to announce a posting for a 9 month
Development Officer with the opportunity to renew the contract for an additional 9 months.
The Development Officer will help us to increase and diversify our donor base. Reporting to the
Executive Director, the Development Officer will coordinate all fundraising initiatives and
activities of the organization. They will be directly responsible for the development and
implementation of the annual giving campaign, cultivating and maintaining relationships with
new and existing donors and supporters, and collaborating with our plans for a Capital
Campaign. The Development Officer will sit on the Fundraising Committee and assist staff with
grant writing and foundation research.
The ArQuives acknowledges and is committed to addressing historical inequities within our
organization. We encourage applications from marginalized communities including those who
identify as Indigenous, women, trans, non-binary, gender non-conforming, Black, people of
colour, and persons with disabilities.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
● Plan, direct, and coordinate the work of The ArQuives’ fundraising
● Develop and foster relationships with individuals, community and corporate members.
● Produce individual donor plans, develop and implement long term investment and
● Build The ArQuives’s foundation grant and corporate gifts portfolio
● Organize stewardship events
● Create and manage major gifts plan for The ArQuives
● Collaborate with planning for a capital campaign
● Support and guide Board members and members of the Fundraising Committee
Qualification and Experience
● Completed certificate in Fundraising Management or Certified Fund Raising Executive.
● Minimum 2 years experience with proven major gift experience (preferred).
● Knowledge and understanding of the LGBTQ2+ communities and issues.
● Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently or as a team.
● Ability to take initiative and prioritize with strong attention to detail.
● Experience with multi-channel marketing (preferred).
Organization website : www.arquives.ca
Application deadline : Deadline extended to August 14, 2020 @ 12 pm EST
Apply by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours and Salary : 37.5h/week, 60 000$ annual