Full-Time Union Position
Job Title: FRENCH LANGUAGE SPECIALIST
Recruitment Ref #: UN-PF601
Location: Pierre Berton Resource Library
Salary Range: $36.38 to $40.22
per hour Start Date: January 2018
Hours: 35 hours per week as scheduled. Branch schedule includes weekdays,
evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
Responsibilities: Responsible for the development, delivery, and evaluation of programs and
services in French and for French-speaking communities under the direction of the Manager. Liaises
effectively with Vaughan Public Libraries’ staff and external organizations in providing direct and
indirect customer service and French service planning and expertise. Ensures operational
effectiveness through continuous improvement and participates fully as a member of the public
service team. May supervise the operation of the branch in the absence of the Manager.
• Master of Library Science Degree from an accredited library faculty or
a recognized equivalent library degree preferred, or a post-secondary degree in a related
• One year public library experience preferred.
• Demonstrated fluency and ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing in both
English and French
• Understanding of Francophone and Francophile communities in Ontario.
• Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working with the public.
• Experience and understanding of digital library systems and information resources.
• Ability to speak languages other than French or English and relevant to the communities served
is an asset.
How to Apply: Applicants for this position must submit an up-to-date resume, accompanied
by a covering letter stating the position and Recruitment Ref #UN-PF601.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment
Office, Vaughan Public Libraries, 2191 Major Mackenzie Drive, Vaughan, Ontario L6A 4W2. Submissions
are accepted either by mail or by email email@example.com.
Closing Date of Posting: For further information:
NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2017
Contact Christine Fiorini, Executive Manager of Staff Engagement, at 905-653- 7323, extn. 4607.
Other: In order to qualify for permanent employment within any department or
service location with the Vaughan Public Library Board, an applicant must not be related to any
member of staff of that department or service location.
Vaughan Public Libraries is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If
you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet