BiblioCommons is looking for a world class Implementation Specialist to join our team. If you’re a natural-born project coordinator who is delighted by making customers happy, we can’t wait to talk to you!
As Implementation Specialist, you’ll be working directly with the library staff who use our tools every day to enhance patrons’ library experience, and helping them navigate, configure, and support our products as they get to know them for the first time.
This role will be part of the team responsible for leading new client libraries through the BiblioCommons implementation process for the entire suite of products we offer. For new libraries, you’ll be their rock in a sea of new information, helping them navigate the waters and set up the best catalog possible, guiding them from the initial kickoff call to the library’s public launch of their BiblioCommons online catalog.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Liaise with libraries’ project coordinators and BiblioCommons sales staff to ensure a smooth transition from sales into Implementation.
- Co-ordinate with the technical project manager and team lead to schedule the work required, while balancing the competing needs of other client libraries and minimizing the risk of scheduling and resource conflicts caused by competing priorities and schedules.
- Track and communicate the progress of the implementation, as well as the status of reported issues and custom development requests.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by the library prior to their launch, and ensure their timely resolution.
- Provide best practices advice on optimal product configuration for the client library, staff training and a successful public launch.
- Build strong relationships with client libraries.
- Wrap up the project and prepare the library for a seamless transition to ongoing maintenance and support.
Like all BiblioCommons employees, the Implementation Specialist will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, but be able to do so with a minimal amount of direction. The ideal candidate has a unique combination of technical, communication, project management and customer service skills.
- Prior experience in a customer focussed role, such as technical support or customer service.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Master multi-tasker with strong organizational skills and a great eye for detail.
- Amazing communicator with the ability to listen, build rapport and respond empathetically to customers.
- Obsessively customer focused, you have a high level of customer service aptitude and can manage customer expectations.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Broad knowledge of SaaS, and software development methodologies, especially Agile.
- An aptitude for new technology and the ability to learn it quickly.
Bonus Points for:
- Prior exposure to SalesForce, Zendesk, MySQL, and JIRA
- Knowledge of or experience with public libraries would be a major asset!
More information and how to apply: https://bibliocommons.applytojob.com/apply/kewQaQMpdZ/Implementations-Specialist
BiblioCommons is a growing Toronto-based software company that builds SaaS solutions for public libraries. Located in the heart of the fashion district at Spadina and Adelaide, we have a team of 75+ people that are passionate about making public libraries accessible, delightful and engaging.
A lot of companies tout ‘social impact’, but at BiblioCommons we serve over 8 million diverse users each month by partnering with close to 200 public libraries in Canada, the US, New Zealand and Australia. Libraries are more than just book stacks-they are public spaces that foster learning, connection and community and BiblioCommons is bringing that community online with clever software that powers the world’s largest libraries.
BiblioCommons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.