Why join us?
We are looking for a highly motivated Information Management Associate to join our Information Management team in Toronto on a one year contract. In this role, you will work with the IM team to support the development and implementation of Oxford’s Information Management program, including making contributions that raise the profile and understanding of program principles and best practices to employees through training and communications activities.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team—part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate, and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
IM Policy Implementation and Maintenance
• Analyze and apply the Records Retention policy to paper and electronic records with a view to identify records eligible for destruction
• Assist business units in understanding and implementing IM policies and procedures, including records analysis, and imaging and sending records off-site.
• Analyze existing retention schedules and classification scheme and make recommendations for change as deemed appropriate.
Business Analysis and Process Mapping
• Apply business analysis methodologies to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate business requirements and translate them into technical specifications for new IM applications and IM projects (i.e. digitization).
• Validate and model business processes through mapping and documentation development
• Work collaboratively with business units to design, document, and develop sustainable repository taxonomy (folder structure, metadata elements, security)
IM Program Training and Communications
• Develop appropriate materials and conduct training sessions related to information management best practices and technologies
• Assist in promotional and marketing activities, including maintenance of the IM intranet site
• Assisting IM Team as required
• Make recommendations regarding the improvement of existing IM applications, including ECM, workflows and imaging systems.
• Assisting Oxford employees in retrieval of files from central filing system
• Responding to records or information requests from Oxford employees as required.
• Preparing and coordinating orders relating to the recall or return of records from offsite storage.
To succeed in this role, you:
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an office environment in a related role
• Experience in document analysis with a function-based classification scheme
• Experience with business analysis and process mapping for information management projects
• Experience using Electronic Content Management (ECM) (i.e OpenText Content Server) and/or EDRMS systems (i.e SharePoint)
• Experience in training and communicating to internal stakeholders about records and information management principles and best practices
• Strong working knowledge of scanning and printing hardware and software, including HP, Ricoh, Xerox Scan Station and/or Nuance software
• Effective written, oral, interpersonal and relationship building skills, particularly with internal stakeholders.
• Solid project/time management skills
• Ability to apply records and information management knowledge as an independent worker under minimal supervision· Thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and adapt.
• Bilingualism an asset (French/ English)
· Embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within a teamwork environment
· Driven to achieving results and continuously striving to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking