Information & Privacy Advisor
- Responsible for maintenance and operational activities as part of administering a fully integrated records and information management program.
- Ensure compliance with Implement and oversee all aspects of records and information retention scheduling and information and privacy consulting and training with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support compliance with and administer processes relating to Personal Health Information and Protection of Privacy Act (PHIPA), the Niagara Region Records Retention By-Law, all other applicable legislation and industry standards.
Education & Knowledge
- A post-secondary degree in Information Science, Library Science, Public Policy, History, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum three years’ experience and understanding of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA)
- Broad knowledge of the legislative process of Government legislation, with knowledge of specific Provincial Acts (e.g. Municipal Act, 2001, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Personal Health Information Protection Act).
- IAPP, CIPP(c) or Records Management certificate is an asset
- Provision of records and information management support to regional staff. Consult with, provide training and support to staff with relation to the Personal Health Information Act.
- Assist in the project planning and implementation of an electronic records management/enterprise content management/email management solution
- Plan, schedule and complete records inventory audits of compliance with the Niagara Region Records Retention By-Law for all Niagara Region divisions, including analysis of clients’ business functional requirements
- Research and document all regulatory, industry and/or legislative requirements binding on development of the Niagara Region Records Retention By-Law. Oversee archival acquisition process, ensuring that procedures are in place for capturing records of historical significance to Niagara Region
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page. Job Opening# 19605
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than January 22, 2018 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted