Job Title: Information Specialist – 1 year term
St. Michael’s Hospital seeks a creative, knowledgeable, collaborative and user-oriented information specialist to join their team for a one year term. Reporting to the Manager of Health Information and Knowledge Mobilization, the Information Specialist will work as part of a team delivering information services and supporting evidence-based practice in patient care, research, and health professionals education developing and managing collections and planning and delivering innovative liaison, reference and instruction services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing effective expert literature searching and quality systematic review support: working with scientists, staff, students & clinicians to develop workable protocols, creating and documenting expert literature searches utilizing a variety of bibliographic databases
- Advising clients on information monitoring strategies to ensure all hospital staff, students and physicians are accessing the most appropriate and timely knowledge in their individual fields
- Responding to general reference inquiries from clients and staffing the reference desk on a rotating basis
- Developing and delivering group and one-on-one instruction on research skills, critical appraisal, bibliographic management, scholarly publishing, etc.
- Participating on department committees and projects to plan and deliver library and information services and assume leadership for at least one functional area (marketing, instruction, collection analysis/development, bibliometrics, etc.)
- Master’s degree from a Library and Information Studies program accredited by the American Library Association
- A minimum of two years professional experience, preferably in a health sciences library environment
- Experience developing and providing customized training in computer search skills for end users
- Experience developing web pages, and using content management systems such as LibGuides to push relevant information to client groups
- Proficiency in the use of computers and library technologies with proven experience in making effective use of technological resources including the Internet, integrated library systems and discovery systems, LibGuides, etc.
- Proven success in marketing services and collections to library customers
- Demonstrated ability to operate as an effective member of a team
- Project management skills to plan, organize and coordinate various activities
- Excellent communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to manage competing priorities and balance multiple, disparate tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Values of St. Michael’s Hospital http://stmichaelshospital.com/about/mv.php
Deadline for applications is February 28, 2018. To apply, please visit St. Michael’s Hospital Recruiting Site: http://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/stmichaels/JobDescription.asp?CategoryCode=15121&JobNumber=818033&JobTitle=InformationSpecialistLibrarian