Athabasca University Library (http://library.athabascau.ca) is seeking a dynamic and creative librarian to fill the permanent full time position of Instruction & Reference Services Librarian with the Athabasca University Library.
• Creating digital and information literacy tutorials and other instructional resources
• Developing and presenting webinars on digital and information literacy related topics
• Promoting digital and information literacy within the University Community
• Providing reference services to the Athabasca University community (learners, faculty, and staff)
• Providing training sessions for Library staff
• Working with faculty, course development teams and learning designers to integrate information and digital literacy into the curriculum
• Providing direct service on the Library Information Desk, including staffing the Library’s chat service
The position reports directly to the Associate University Librarian, Learning & Research Services and works closely with the other librarians and staff.
• Masters in Library Science from an ALA-accredited library school or equivalent is required
• One to three years’ experience of reference service and instruction is required, preferably in an academic library
• Working knowledge of online pedagogy, and teaching and learning strategies at the university level is highly desirable
• Experience using tutorial creation software packages is highly desired
• A demonstrated understanding of graduate research requirements and processes
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Strong interpersonal skills with a particular interest in providing superior user service
• Good time management and organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines is essential
• An understanding of web design principles is highly desirable
• Attention to accuracy and detail are important
For further information about this position, contact Elaine Fabbro via email: email@example.com
Educational credentials will be verified upon hire. All educational credentials must be recognized in Canada.
Please note that only applications received through our online recruitment system will be accepted. You must include your resume and letter of application when applying, along with the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, and Landed Immigrants will be given priority.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Additional details about the position and the application link can be found here: https://athabascau.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?ID=1865&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1