WHO WE ARE
TuesdayAfternoon Media Inc. (TAM) is a multidisciplinary design firm who specializes in tailored learning solutions designed to drive transformation. We empower learners to perform to their highest potential by creating effective, original, and results-driven training solutions. We believe in partnering and relationships and are best known for our thoughtful and consultative approach. We thrive on creative innovation and focus on what matters most to our partners and clients.
What does an Instructional Designer do at TAM?
The Instructional Designer works with clients, media developers and quality assurance teams to design and develop high-quality learning solutions. The Instructional Designer gets to flex their creativity and experience by working on a variety of solutions such as web-based training, classroom training, graphic videos, and virtual workshops to name a few. In addition to developing learning solutions, the Instructional Designer furthers TAM’s partner-centric methodology by advising clients and developing tools in support of sustainment strategies.
Make an impact in the following areas:
- Support the creation of innovative learning solutions that are flexible, aligned to clients’ needs, and consistent with TAM’s commitment to making a positive impact.
- Partner and collaborate with team members and clients in support of initiatives.
- Be an active contributor to a positive, innovative, and collaborative work environment.
- Review, analyze, and organize source material and related data in order to advise on strategy, design effective solutions, and develop quality content.
- Lead conversations with clients, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to gather information and establish client needs, documenting findings and developing lesson content accordingly.
- Write material for all aspects of solutions development, from strategy outlines and storyboards to facilitator- and learner-facing materials such as scripts, participant guides, and leader guides.
- Act as the lead and subject matter expert on client projects and be available to meet with clients as needed.
- Manage timelines and project plans in support of programs, inspiring others to follow and influencing the right actions to achieve set goals.
- Facilitate sessions to support client teams through activities such as train-the-trainer and focus groups.
- Contribute to the evolution of TAM’s instructional design methods and practices, driving efficiencies and effectiveness and supporting other team members through adoption.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a similar role within a learning or organizational development field
- Post-secondary education and professional accreditation in a related field, either completed or in progress
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with a passion for continuous learning
- A confident self-starter with a track record for taking initiative and working toward continuous improvement
- Strong team player who demonstrates patience and humour while working with others
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize projects using sound judgment and time-management skills
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Instructional Designer in the subject line. We thank you for your submissions. Only those selected for consideration will be contacted.