POSITION: LIBRARIAN (Part-Time)
LOCATION: PUBLIC SERVICE
JOB SUMMARY: To provide readers’ advisory, information, and reference service; to assist with
collection development and maintenance; to provide access to materials by indexing and compiling
bibliographies; and to assist with programs and class visits, as assigned.
1. Master of Library or Information Science degree from an
accredited library school.
2. Knowledge of reference tools and research skills.
3. Knowledge of library automated systems, electronic resources and the Internet.
4. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Ability to work accurately and efficiently under minimum supervision.
6. Basic typing/keyboarding skills.
HOURS OF WORK: Weekdays, evenings and weekends (including Sundays) as required.
Not more than 48 hours bi-weekly.
HOURLY RATE: $21.604–$25.277 per hour (Pay Group 5, January 2018 Schedule)
DEADLINE: 5:00 pm, Sunday, July 22, 2018
APPLICATIONS TO: Ms. L. Stripnieks, C.E.O.
St. Catharines Public Library 54 Church Street
St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 7K2 Fax: (905) 688-6292
For more information call 905-688-6103 Ext. 235.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Catharines Public Library is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free
recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of
applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please advise the CEO to
ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process.
Posted: July 11, 2018
Remove: July 22, 2018