Job Opportunity: Library Assistant at Cineplex
Embedded within the Creative Services department at Cineplex head offices, the Library Assistant will work with the Digital Media Librarian on the maintenance and development of the Cineplex Digital Library.
This opportunity would be perfect for a new grad looking to gain experience in digital libraries/DAMs, visual resources, taxonomy management, and corporate/creative environments.
- Ingest images, videos, and other media files into the digital library.
- Assist with the general maintenance of the digital library, including but not limited to ongoing metadata optimization to enhance the findability of assets, lifecycle management of digital assets, and usability testing.
- Provide support to ongoing Creative Services projects and library users.
- Knowledge of metadata standards and practices.
- Facility with Mac OS X.
- Familiar with Office 365/Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment.
Not required, but would be an asset:
- Experience working with digital libraries or digital asset management systems.
- Experience with taxonomy management.
- Strong familiarity with video and graphic design file formats.
- Experience or knowledge of digital preservation strategies and trends.
This is a full-time, temporary position for the 2019 calendar year, starting ASAP.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 11:59pm January 25th with the subject line “Cineplex Library Assistant”.
Feel free to reach out by email if you have any questions about this opportunity.
Deadline: January 25. Please note however that we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, and applications may be reviewed before the deadline.
A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location-based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.