Loopstra Nixon LLP is a full-service business law firm, located in West-end Toronto, which uniquely couples the collegiality and work environment of a smaller firm with the talent level, service quality and breadth of practice often associated with much larger ones. We have over forty-five years’ experience serving a wide range of clients involved in business and finance, litigation and dispute resolution, municipal law, land use planning and development, and commercial real estate.
We are currently seeking a Library Co-op Student to join our Administrative team to assist with a data clean up and organization project of our legal library. Reporting to the Human Resources & Marketing Manager, the successful candidates will possess a strong understanding of online research methodology, current information trends and new library and records technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Organize the firm’s physical and digital library resources.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend new and emerging technologies for library applications, including eBooks, research apps, research databases/platforms, e-Journals and other mobile technology.
• Participate in the re-design of the library catalogue.
• Participate in the development of new and innovative library training techniques and materials.
• Data entry and indexing; identifying and correcting data entry errors.
• Participate in various records digitization initiatives, and the development of new records management databases.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Must be enrolled in the MI program
• Must possess a strong interest in digital information technology and tools including online research platforms, eBooks, research and productivity apps, and other mobile tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong technical skills; familiarity with legal, business and news monitoring databases would be an asset
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, managing tasks in a timely and effective manner with minimal supervision
• Strong computer literacy; experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume (in one PDF, title: UofT_MI_YourName) to
Thank you for your application, but only those candidates whose education and experience match our requirements will be contacted.
Loopstra Nixon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.