Employee Group: Part Time
Faculty/Department: Library Services
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 19/PT/14
Hourly Range: $18.99
Hours/Week: 18 – 24 hours per week.
Application Deadline: February 13/19
Under the direction of the Manager, Integrated Library Services, the incumbent performs all cataloguing functions as assigned. Issues which are unresolved are referred to the full-time staff in the appropriate area.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for cataloguing physical resources such as print books, journals, DVDs, individual perpetual e-books, video streaming records, archival, and special collection items
- Performs cataloguing using a variety of tools (i.e. MarcEdit software, cataloguing module in Sirsi, guidelines and procedures)
- Maintains accuracy of Bibcat, online catalogue (OPAC)
- Add items into the integrated library system (ILS) and determines the item type so that it appears in the OPAC
- Assigns barcodes and call numbers as needed to all materials
- Transfers items from campus to campus
- Reports problems to Ontario Colleges Library Service (OCLS) or IT help desks
- Provides quick reference services to Library users in the special collections room
- Demonstrates the use of the OPAC, Library indexes, or WorldCat to locate relevant information
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess a two-year Library Technician Diploma as well as a minimum of 12 months of relevant work experience. The incumbent must have knowledge and understanding of bibliographic records, AACR2 and RDA cataloguing rules, automated library information systems and electronic information resources. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, strong oral communication skills, well-developed on-line search skills along with a strong customer/public service focus are required. Experience with RDA ToolKit, LC Subject Headings and Sirsi cataloguing module is an asset. Incumbent must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills are required.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.