Access and Information Services, John M. Kelly Library, University of St. Michael’s College
Compensation and Hours
· Sunday – Thursday 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. OR 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. as determined by Head of Public of Services (September – April)*
*see additional information below
The Kelly Library is the largest federated college library at the University of Toronto. It is also one of more than 40 libraries at the university. The Collection is strong in the humanities, including Catholic theology, the Middle Ages, book history and media, Celtic Studies, and English, French, Italian, Slavic and German literature.
The Library Technician provides and supports the services and programs offered by Access and Information Services in the John M. Kelly Library. The incumbent will work with other staff members to ensure daily duties and projects are delivered in a timely manner. They should also be flexible with their work hours throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Circulation and Reference
2) InfoExpress & Syllabus Service
|Skills and Qualifications
– Familiarity with Canvas or other learning management systems (preferred)
– Experience with ALMA, PRIMO, and Leganto (preferred)
– People oriented; enjoys working directly with customers and the general public
– Ability to de-escalate situations and make good decisions under pressure
– Knowledge of various electronic library databases and reference tools
– Comfortable with learning and using new technologies and applications
– Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Multimedia platforms
– Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with other employees and library patrons
– Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work
– Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to complete work assignments independently
– Strong problem-solving and analytical skills who can work collaboratively or independently
– Ability to carry 10 kg of books
– Ability to push book trucks, shelve books, lift heavy boxes, and move material
– Must be flexible with work hours and can cover day and evening shifts throughout the yearEducation
– Library and Information Technician diploma or 2 years of full-time experience in an academic library in Circulation or related areas (required)
– Bachelor’s degree in a humanities discipline (preferred)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The University of St. Michael’s College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, people who take a religiously informed view of human experience, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416-926-7118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 18, 2020Closing Date
January 5, 2021
(please include position title in subject line of email when submitting resume and cover letter)
Applications should address the selection criteria with a letter of interest and curriculum vitae that includes the names and contact information for three references. Please submit these items as a single PDF with a file name that begins with applicant’s last name.