Research Specialist, Corporate Security
PwC (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Description and Duties
PricewaterhouseCoopers is conducting a search for a Research Specialist to join its Corporate Security research team.
Our background check or “Know Your Client” (KYC) research helps uncover potential reputational, legal and regulatory risks (Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery, Counter Terrorist Financing and other predicate offences) to assist engagement teams and risk leadership in the determination and consideration of the client’s suitability in the firm’s client acceptance and continuance process.
The Research Specialist is a creative problem solver with an investigative mindset; logical and analytical thinker; determined and persevering to filter large volumes of information; has the ability to synthesize data and make assessments; is self-motivated to work independently; works well under pressure; and has discretion in treating all cases with confidentiality.
At the same time, you’ll be part of a team helping to address risk and operational efficiency issues. Overall, you have a positive attitude that makes you resilient, flexible and perform at a high level.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this senior associate level include but are not limited to:
– Understand the business in order to provide enhanced client-centric service delivery
– Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
– Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems
– Review your work for quality, accuracy and relevance
– Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others
– Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships
– Self-motivated, organized and dedicated to work successfully from home
– Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct
– Perform research and analysis in support of the firm’s client acceptance and continuance requirements
– Conduct thorough and systematic searches of media, legal, Internet, and other relevant sources with excellent attention to detail to verify principal identity, and screen for adverse data, country risk and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP)
– Analyze and summarize research results in customized reports
– Collaborate on team projects
– Provide ad hoc support in other areas of Corporate Security
– Promote best practices in knowledge sharing
– Maintain a high level of expertise in and knowledge of research products
– Recommend changes to support continuous improvement of processes or systems
– MLS/MIS degree or equivalent
– 3 years’ experience in a business, finance, legal or professional services firm preferred
– Understanding of advanced search strategies including Boolean operators
Proficiency in a variety of research tools (Factiva, Meltwater, Newscan, Lexis Advance Quicklaw, World-Check, eCore, DisclosureNet, BoardEx, FPAdvisor)
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office, G Suite applications, Windows 10 and Lotus Notes
– Bilingual (English and French) or other languages are an asset
The position requires the following competencies:
– Research and Analysis – demonstrates knowledge, skill and leadership in conducting research, including the ability to think critically, identify, and synthesize results
– Communications – possesses excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to negotiate and influence effectively, and to challenge in a constructive manner
– Use of Technology – demonstrates the proficient use of various data aggregators, social media, software applications, and telecommunications technologies; ability to learn and adopt new software and technology
– Project and Change Management – self-starter with the ability to work independently; exceptional time management and organizational skills; proactively identifies and makes suggestions for efficiencies and improvements when performing work; flexible to adapt to change
– Client Service – strong client service ethic; identifies opportunities to improve customer/client service
– People Development – takes the initiative to seek development and growth opportunities; works in a collaborative team environment sharing knowledge, accepting and offering feedback; ability to support relationships among diverse individuals
At PwC, we are committed to helping you achieve balance in fulfilling your professional and personal goals. Work/Life Flexibility fundamentally supports a culture that capitalizes on our diversity, empowers us to maximize our talents, and encourages personal choice. We support non-traditional ways of working, where practical, in order to retain valuable staff who need or want flexible arrangements. After initial training, this role requires working from home four days a week or depending on business needs. The position is based at our 18 York St., Toronto office. The office dress code is business casual.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
How to Apply
We’ve embraced technology by using an innovative cloud-based online application platform for Administrative, Specialist, Associate and Senior Associate roles that includes on-demand video interviews. This platform provides you with a seamless, efficient and convenient application process, saving you time and giving you flexibility, and it’s configured for tablets, smartphones and laptops. Please be advised that we can only conduct video interviews in English or French. All communications will be in the language that you selected during application. For Manager positions and above, we set up pre-screen phone interviews.
For more information about the application process, please click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/experienced-candidates/applying-at-pwc.html
To apply online, go to <https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html> and follow link for Experienced Professionals (Research Specialist). We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.