CITY OF PETERBOROUGH
A diversified and active community with a population of approximately 81,000 people, offers excellent opportunities for growth, as well as higher learning at Trent University and Fleming College. The City of Peterborough is currently seeking:
Manager, Arts, Culture & Heritage Division
Community Services/Arts, Culture & Heritage
|This position is responsible to manage and direct Arts, Culture & Heritage Division facilities, programs, and services including the Art Gallery of Peterborough, the Heritage Preservation Office, and the Peterborough Museum & Archives. They will guide the Municipal Cultural Plan; coordinate the City’s Public Art Program; guide/ support cultural community development projects; liaise with the Peterborough Public Library; and manage the City’s Immigration portfolio.|
|We require an individual who has a Masters degree in Arts, History, Social Sciences, Business, or Public Administration plus a degree or recognized certificate in Museum/ Cultural Studies or a Master of Library Science degree coupled with a minimum of five years’ related multi-disciplinary management experience in a municipal environment. The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent administrative and communication skills.
· Demonstrated leadership, management and team-building skills to effectively coach, motivate and direct the work of others.
· Excellent planning, forecasting, and financial/budget management skills.
· Knowledge of effective performance management practices; training and development techniques; and of the Collective Bargaining process.
· The ability to interpret and apply the collective agreement and to achieve positive labour-management relations.
· Well-developed communication, facilitation, negotiation, and public relations skills to build effective relationships within the corporation and throughout the community.
· The ability to problem-solve beyond conventional methods, champion and manage change, gain the cooperation of others, and build confidence among peers, City Council, and the community.
· A creative/innovative focus on service delivery, a commitment to continuous improvement, respect for the diversity of opinions and perspectives, and be comfortable with a certain level of ambiguity and constantly changing priorities.
· The ability to function in a computerized work environment including proficiency using word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
Salary: $101,827-$111,303 (2018 rate)
|Qualified applicants are invited to submit a résumé and cover letter, quoting file number no later than 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 11, 2018, to:
City of Peterborough, Human Resources Division, City Hall, 500 George Street North, Peterborough, Ontario K9H 3R9. Fax: (705) 742-7021 email@example.com
|The City of Peterborough is an organization that strives to embrace the spirit of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and barrier-free environment in which all individuals have access to the City’s goods, services and facilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. We thank you for your application, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.