Halifax Regional Municipality is inviting applications for the permanent position of Manager, Corporate Information Management within Legal, Municipal Clerk, and External Affairs. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
As a member of the Municipal Clerk’s Office management team, the Manager is responsible for development and management of HRM’s Corporate Information Management (CIM) program, ensuring all program activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules and budgets affecting Information Management. The position is responsible for development, implementation and monitoring organization wide Corporate Information Management strategies, policies, procedures, and practices; providing expert advice on all information management matters including contributing to the development of an enterprise information architecture; identifying technology requirements for creating, capturing, organizing, accessing and using unstructured information assets; development and delivery of information and records management education and training programs to municipal staff, management, and elected officials; and manages the human and financial resources of the Corporate Information Management section, including the Municipal Archives & Records Centre.
For full job posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Education and Experience:
- Graduate degree in MLIS (Master of Library and Information Studies), business administration, information systems, or other relevant field; or suitable combination of formal education and experience
- Certified Records Manager (CRM), Electronic Records Management (ERM) or Certified Document Imaging Architect (CDIA+) required
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in business/systems operations and records management, including five (5) years in a managerial or supervisory role
- Experience in budget and financial management
- Experience in strategic planning and project management involving coordination of goals and resources across multiple, related projects
- Developing and monitoring the delivery of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Leading multi-year enterprise wide projects
- Experience managing Information Management professionals preferred
- Experience as part of an ECM or Knowledge Management would be considered an asset
Technical / Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of information management policies, standards, processes, and practices.
- Desired records management skills include: records retention scheduling, indexing/classification and electronic management systems, records policy and process development, and strategic records, information and imaging systems
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems, especially in areas involving taxonomy, content structures, IM analytics, and search engine models
- Sound knowledge of ECM application integration with other enterprise and business systems (i.e. SAP, GIS, MS Office/Outlook, Email Archiving, SAP Archiving, Engineering Applications (CAD) and Imaging solutions)
- Proven business analysis and project management skills
- Strong planning, organizational, meeting management, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policies, standards, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology processes, business models and user behaviors and apply them to business needs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence, highly effective in collaborative relationships
- Champions change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas
- Familiar with applicable privacy and access legislation, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of all applicable municipal legislation and HRM corporate/ departmental policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Office software
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants may be required to complete an employment security screening check.
Please note – Testing may be conducted as a component of the selection process to assess technical and job specific knowledge. Candidates, who are selected for testing, may be tested in a group setting, scheduled at the employer’s discretion.
COMPETENCIES: Analytical Thinking, Communications, Conflict Management, Customer Service, Decision Making, Developing Others, Managing Change, Organizational Awareness, Teamwork & Cooperation, Values & Ethics, Valuing Diversity, Visioning, Strategic Thinking and Innovation
WORK STATUS: Permanent, full time
HOURS OF WORK: Monday – Friday, 830am – 430pm
SALARY: Non-union, M3 Salary, $74,000 – 105,000 per annum, commensurate with education and experience.
WORK LOCATION: 81 Ilsley Avenue, Dartmouth (Records Centre & Archives)
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be received up to midnight on Thursday, February 15, 2018
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview/testing will be contacted.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with the Recruiter when invited to the assessment process.
Qualified HRM retirees may also be considered for competitions. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract employment.
More information and how to apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25749&siteid=5764#jobDetails=476861_5764