Under the general direction of the Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Safety and Security and the day to day supervision of a designated Legal Counsel, this role is responsible for ensuring the optimal design, company-wide adoption and continuous improvement of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority’s (GTAA) legal information management system (“LIMS”) having regard to stakeholder needs and existing GTAA system configurations. The individual will have regular contact with users across all business units within the GTAA, and will provide day-to-day people leadership to the Legal Assistants who will be active users of the system. The role may also include the management of other legal information management systems as required.
Legal Information Management System Design
• Prepare decision-basis documents and other materials for the GTAA-wide working group that will oversee the design, selection and implementation of the LIMS, including contract lifecycle management software;
• Coordinate activities of the project management team and has overall responsibility for delivery health of LIMS project
• Ensure that LIMS implementation project management team are fulfilling their roles, such as: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management.
• Ensure that all LIMS project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and reviews and approves when required
• Design and implement a change management process to ensure the success of the new LIMS;
• Develop new LIMS initiatives and other legal information management innovations, including:
* designing and testing new automated reports and contract analytics;
* meetings with GTAA stakeholders to determine how the LIMS can continuously improve to support the business of the GTAA;
* monitoring of new developments in the LIMS industry that may be relevant to GTAA.
Daily Legal Information Management
• Design and administer policies and make decisions about the application of the LIMS to the GTAA environment to ensure the integrity of data entry into the system;
• Regular meetings with business units and GTAA Legal Counsel to review LIMS utilization and identify missing documentation and unfulfilled automated reminders;
• Design and production of reports and assessing analytics against benchmarked best practices;
• Regular interface with the supplier of software components of the LIMS for troubleshooting and to ensure optimal usage; and run queries for records in response to requests.
• Participate in more complex, long-term, and irregular projects, including: assist internal and external auditors during audits and gather evidence and securing records in the course of complex litigation
• Commit to and deliver on the people manager promise to support and further the business’ vision through building and development of diverse, multi-skilled teams:
• Drive strategic clarity by helping people understand how the work contributes to the overall vision
• Improve and innovate by listening to ideas and empowering decision-making capabilities
• Influence by helping people navigate the organization to remove obstacles, barriers and create collaboration opportunities
• Lead people by providing coaching, guidance and development by providing meaningful feedback for personal and career growth
• Execute flawlessly by clearly defining what expectations and success looks like in order to foster a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
The salary for this management non-unionized position is competitive based on the successful candidate’s qualifications.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent education and years of experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience including legal, business or library information
• 5+ years of relevant experience managing the implementation and use of LIMS, including contract lifecycle management systems, especially software components would be preferred
• 3+ years of people leadership experience would be preferred
• Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical skills to identify and address technical and behavioural barriers to the successful implementation and use of the LIMS and to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
• Leadership skills including ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the GTAA and to influence behaviours
• Quick learner of new software systems and tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Self-motivation and ability to drive results with limited supervision and direction
• High degree of proficiency with office software, including MS Word, Adobe Acrobat Pro; Office 365; SharePoint; Outlook
• Familiarity with contract lifecycle management systems, including Contract Express, HighQ, Agiloft, Sirion CLM, CobbeStone Software, Ecteon, or similar applications.
Please apply directly at the following address: https://careers.torontopearson.com/