1886 Manager, Records Management
Located in downtown Toronto our professional services client is currently searching for an experienced
Manager, Records Management.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and knowledge in records management and provide timely and accurate Records Centre services to all user groups. In addition to being a leadership role, this is a working managerial role and will assist with the day-to-day duties of the group.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the records centre and team, including prioritizing tasks for the department, ensuring appropriate staffing levels and equitable distribution of workload.
- Develop national standards and maintain policies and procedures for the records management program in all office (eg: onsite/offsite storage, file transfers, records management system, etc).
- Ensure all offices adhere to the procedures, processes and policies and that employees are informed and trained on all Record Management functions.
- Identify, evaluate and implement efficiencies and improvements to existing and new processes and procedures and ensure team members are trained and knowledgeable.
- Participate in planning and forecasting of budgets and monitor actuals against budgets, raising any issues and cost reduction strategies. Provide forecasts and updates as changes occur.
- Oversee the company’s records management program including tracking, retention, disposition and destruction of records.
- Manage and monitor the records management software database to ensure data integrity.
- Review retention schedules, maintain awareness and keep current of emerging legal requirements governing the retention and destruction of files.
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures for onsite and offsite storage/retrieval and destruction.
- Act as primary contact to coordinate file transfers for incoming and departing lawyers.
- Assign file space and maintain inventory records for all onsite paper-based files stored within the firm, including all file cabinets, shelving units and workrooms.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key vendors and ensure high quality service as it relates to sending files to offsite storage, document retrievals and retention schedules.
- Negotiate terms of contract (eg: storage and services costs) and ensure they adhere to the terms and service level agreements. Arrange for payment of invoices and track file destruction incentives.
- Provide direction, coaching and development support of the team to ensure they are engaged and capable of delivering on their accountabilities and meeting established service standards.
- Actively participate in recruitment, training and performance evaluation of the team and make recommendations for staffing, where appropriate.
- Diploma in Records and Information Management
- 7+ years of related records management experience within a professional services environment
- 3+ years Management experience directing staff to ensure timely achievement of departmental and organizational goals, within prescribed policies, procedures and standard business practices.
- Certificate in Records Management an asset.
- Proven leadership skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior management and third parties.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
If you have the required Records Management experience, please respond to Benjamin.email@example.com