Milton Public Library is committed to inspire through discovery, collaboration and creation. Milton
Public Library currently has two (2) branches, with over 62,000 registered members and over 1.4
million visits online and in-person. Members use 1.8 million collection items annually, and 45,000
people attend its programs. The Library empowers the community to: Read. Learn. Create. Connect.
Position: Manager, Support Services
Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary Range: $86,295.69 – $100,954.16
The Manager, Support Services actively participates in the general planning and management of
Milton Public Library. The primary focus of the position is the delivery, development and oversight
of support services. This position is responsible for Technical Services, the Integrated Library
System (ILS) database, Library Pages and Branch Operations.
Responsibility and Duties:
• Manages Support Service staff, including hiring, scheduling, promotion, evaluation, coaching,
supervision, progressive discipline including recommending dismissal of direct reports.
• Participates in the development and achievement of goals and objectives specific to Support
• Participates in the development of the Library’s Capital and Operating Budgets and manages the
associated budgets related to Support Services.
• Monitors and reviews collection development policies in accordance with areas of
• Participates in long-range planning of the Support Services, including but not limited to,
existing and future facilities, policy and procedure development, service planning and
• Manages the daily operation and monitoring of the ILS database including, but not limited to;
maintenance activities for hardware and software; troubleshooting peripheral equipment; supervising
the Library in computer downtime activity; maintaining required computer logs; administrative
duties and creation of customized reports.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of relationships with vendors and service
• Responsible for the operation and management of assigned branch locations which includes, but
not limited to; oversight of facility needs, customer service excellence, resolving customer
service issues and staff.
• Actively participates in networking and community partnerships, sits on external and internal
committees and attends meetings, courses and conferences as required.
• MLS / MLIS degree from an ALA accredited library school
• Minimum four (4) years’ of Management experience with one (1) year of ILS support experience
• Demonstrated experience in community programming and customer service operations
• Demonstrated supervisory experience in a union environment
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills
• Superior facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of development in library field and relevant legislation
• Proven ability in managing change
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter indicating how they meet the
qualifications of this position by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 quoting posting 19-01 to:
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
The Milton Public Library thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected
for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSO 1990, for recruitment purposes.
Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to: Chief Librarian,
Milton Public Library, 1010 Main Street East, Milton, ON, L9T 6H7
The Milton Public Library is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the
Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If
you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human
Resources at email@example.com