Content Management and Preservation
Media Librarian – Mass Digitization Project (temporary assignment)
Duration: October 29, 2018 – March 31, 2019
Reports to: Rose Moorhouse – Project Lead, Mass Digitization
Content Management and Preservation is seeking temporary Media Librarians for Mass Digitization Project work.
As a Media Librarian, you will be employing your skills as an information professional by prioritizing and selecting content for digitization, based on our Selection Criteria and Retention policies. Content would then be captured and enhanced in our Media Asset Management (MAM) system. Workflows require high level of attention to detail and ability to be focused on tasks at hand.
Ideal candidates will have expertise with metadata standards, subject analysis and controlled vocabularies. Prior knowledge of legacy databases (EDC, Radiola, Prolog, TVNLS) would be a strong asset. Work is governed by CBC programming and journalistic policies as well as various agreements governing the possible use of these materials.
- Retrieve assets from the Library and determine their content through research in MAM.
- Ensure the accuracy of the MAM record and create/clone new records when necessary.
- Transcode media and manage the transfer of files into MAM as well as troubleshoot issues with the media or catalogue records.
- Prioritizing content for digitization
- Pre-digitization database clean-up (Metadata)
- Select carriers for shipments to vendors
- Pulling and boxing of physical assets
- Test and provide feedback on automated QC workflows
- Ensure quality control of Library and archival standards is met on all finished content.
‘ Selects material for retention in the library while applying our policies
- Researches information using local resources.
- Ensures the safety, security, preservation, maintenance and availability of broadcast
- materials and related documents or photographs.
- Manages the disposition and removal of broadcast materials when authorized to do
- Operates equipment required to perform library tasks.
Job requires a Masters Degree in Library Information Science and/or the equivalent.
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including resume and cover letter