Temporary Contract (through March 31, 2021)
eCampusOntario, a not-for-profit corporation, is funded by the Government of Ontario to be a centre of excellence in online and technology-enabled learning for all publicly funded colleges and universities in Ontario. As part of our core strategy, eCampusOntario provides access to Pressbooks – a WordPress-based authoring tool that supports the creation or adaption of Open Textbooks.
The Open Library Coordinator will be required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the PressbooksEDU system through on-the-job training. The successful applicant will develop a strong level of comfort with the technology and be able to think critically to solve problems.
The Open Library Coordinator will serve as the first point of contact for educators and learners engaged in creating or using content in Pressbooks EDU. Responsibilities include:
• Supporting end-users in effectively using the Pressbooks EDU platform.
• Using a ticketing system to log service requests and document solutions.
• Troubleshooting technical issues directly with users and effectively communicating results. Escalating unresolved issues to a Manager as needed.
• Maintaining help documentation and resources (i.e. guides and FAQs) and assisting in the creation of new materials as needed.
• Serving as a network administrator of eCampusOntario’s Pressbooks EDU instance, including creating and maintaining new accounts and assisting in book set up.
• Reporting on use of the Pressbooks EDU system and other shared services (i.e. eCampusOntario H5P Studio).
• Other duties as assigned
• Postsecondary education in Information Science, English Writing, or Publishing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Familiarity with WordPress and/or Pressbooks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Customer service or technical support experience
• Familiarity with or experience working in postsecondary education
• Familiarity with open education is an asset
• Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
• Familiarity with Drupal is an asset.
The eCampusOntario staff is currently working remotely due to the global pandemic, however, this position will be based out of the eCampusOntario office in downtown Toronto when the office reopens.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter outlining their interest and qualifications as well as a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 29, 2020.