Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Process Documentation & Communication Specialist (Co-op)
“You just figure it out.” These five words describe how you approach problems – and hey, maybe how you approach life overall. You analyze a problem, find the best solution, and implement it. Then you iterate, and do again. And we want you to do it with us as a Process Documentation & Communication Specialist as part of our Integrated Technology Services Support team within the Canadian Manulife team.
Here’s the deal: we need your big, beautiful brain to help transform business goals and objectives into tangible next steps like requirements documents and system designs.
You’ll do things like:
- Use your mad analytical skills to bring order to chaos. Okay, maybe not full-on zombie apocalypse chaos, but you’ll solve problems & learn new skills while using tools like Excel, PowerPoint & Visio.
- Work closely with our Sr. Technical and Process analysts to help brand the work we are doing as we roll-out a departmental program and create world-class tools & templates so the best methods can be used by other groups as well.
- Build out our repository of Process tools & templates in a corporate yet super usable and fun way using our documentation platform – SharePoint. We want our documents to look good and be excellent resources for our other IT folks.
- Build out a dashboard to display key metrics for team performance.
- Development methods to provide clear, concise communication to keep our teams informed.
- Analyze business processes and solve complex problems.
- Collaborate with other smart people like Support Analysts, Process Analysts, IT professionals and Business Users to develop top-notch process improvements … and do it before the deadline hits.
- Uncover, analyze, and define problems in IT processes. Then you’ll work with the people who do these things daily to find better, more efficient was to get things done.
- Once you define a better way, you will clearly communicate this so everyone knows their part in the master plan.
- Be a watchdog for issues as they crop up – and be quick to recommend solutions.
This is the job for you because:
- You learn fast. Like “The Flash” fast. You pick up new ideas, concepts, technologies, applications, and tools at warp speed.
- You’ve got experience with MS Office software suite & hopefully SharePoint too.
- You want to expand your learning beyond school, of course school is important, but leading-edge roles like Process Analysis is not being taught anywhere but on the job. And Continuous Improvement is a role of the future.
- You question everything. Not in an annoying way of course, but in a way that gets to the root of an issue so you can go do something about it.
- You’re an all-round super star: an enthusiastic team player with crazy-good communications skills who puts the customer at the centre of everything you do.
- You know that part of innovation is failure. And when you fail, you always fail forward…learning something new and becoming even better than you were before.
- Someday soon, you’ll make your parents proud with a degree in something like, Business, Finance, or Commerce. And hey, if you have a combo of Business and Marketing or Communications, you’ll score bonus points with us!
- Regardless of what level role you’re looking for, you’re someone who looks for gaps and figures out the best way to fill them.
Why come to Manulife?
Because we’re not who you think we are. We’re not some stuffy, old insurance company. We’re actually 1200 technology specialists dedicated to improving the health and wealth of Canadians – and doing it in some pretty cool ways. You might be surprised to know that Co-ops love Manulife – and come back term after term. Why? We’ve got what you’re looking for…jobs that embed you in passionate, productive teams, jobs that leave you with great stories to tell at your next set of interviews, jobs that make a Co-op term a fun, profitable break from school. Every term we hire 100+ students – so you’ll have plenty of new friends to chill with. And you can meet your new friends at tons of Co-op events like our recent Execs-serve-ice-cream day, gingerbread house day, and pizza…there’s usually pizza involved.
You’ll also have lots of opportunities for professional growth. Linked In workshop? Yes! Personal branding workshop? Yes! Access to all our learning and development resources? You bet!
We want you here as a Co-op. And we want to make your experience with us SO AMAZING that you join us in a fulltime after you graduate. It’s really that simple.
So what’s next?
Wow us with a PDF that includes your resume, a cover letter telling us how awesome you are, your transcript, and your Co-op work history (if you have one).
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.