Organization: George Brown College Library Learning Commons City: Toronto
Province/State: Ontario Country: Canada
Category: Library (Academic) Job type: PT, Temporary
George Brown College Library Learning Commons (LLC) is seeking a motivated, self- directed,
innovative and service-orientated librarian to work on a part time basis during the Fall semester.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing information literacy instruction to students,
reference service across all subject areas, and will assist in library projects as needed. This
position will focus on (but is not limited to) program areas in construction trades, fashion, and
English as a Second Language (ESL), business, health and hospitality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• providing information literacy library instruction classes across all program
areas-particularly construction trades, fashion, ESL, business, health and hospitality
• providing excellent research and customer service to students and faculty either at the
reference desk, via phone, chat, or email
• contributing to library initiatives to enhance programs and services
• assisting in the development of activities and events to promote library resources or offer
customized support to students
• undertaking projects, as needed (which may include the development of research guides,
collection analysis and development, online tutorials, technology based solutions, marketing and
Qualifications and Requirements:
An ALA accredited Master of Information Science is required. Demonstrated understanding of the
concepts, goals and methods of information Literacy, with the ability to teach in a variety of
settings and formats and to diverse student groups. Experience in providing instruction. Proven
knowledge of reference principles with the ability to provide excellent reference services to a
large and diverse patronage; Knowledge of print materials and electronic information sources
relevant to the programs and courses taught at George Brown College with a leaning towards
construction trades, fashion, business, hospitality, health and ESL; Excellent analytical,
interpersonal, and communication skills. Interest and enthusiasm in technology applications is
expected. Strong technology skills and knowledge are favoured such as HTML, Java Script etc.
Knowledge of access and equity issues and familiarity with UDL principles and AODA principles is
expected. Evidence of professional initiative and flexibility, with the ability to work effectively
in a collegial setting. Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse workload.
Organization website: http://library.georgebrown.ca/
– This is a PT position, with hours scheduled as needed up to 24 hours.
– Candidates should have flexibility and availability to work a variety of shifts
– Shifts will be scheduled primarily within the regular working week (Monday to Friday, anytime
between 8am and 8pm, with occasional Saturdays when needed).
– Shifts may be scheduled at various campus locations (Casa Loma / St James / Waterfront or 341
King Street), all accessible by TTC.
– Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume and cover as one file in PDF format to
Pearl Raju, Manager Library Services, firstname.lastname@example.org By noon May 31 2019