Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is mandated to provide non-partisan support to the Members of Provincial Parliament (MPPs).
Together, we provide administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, community, and excellence.
Quality Assurance Analyst
(Contract – One Year)
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario seeks a Quality Assurance Analyst who, as part of our Information Services Branch, in Toronto, ON, will support the design and modernization of applications that organize, store and present the Assembly’s information. You will be integrated with our development team in an agile/scrum environment to support them through the QA process.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Ensure our applications and websites are tested and ready for release
- Ensure our QA process is followed and report to the Manager of Systems Development on testing progress and results
You’ll support our community as you:
- Recommend improvements to our QA practice to ensure it fits our unique culture and processes
- Maintain our quality assurance artifacts
- Coordinate quality assurance activities on all projects
- Execute, monitor and report on testing activities for high priority projects
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
· Post-secondary degree or equivalent in information technology or information management
· Experience as a practitioner of quality assurance
· Knowledge of the tools, concepts and methodologies of quality assurance
· Understanding of the solution development lifecycle, business analysis and systems analysis
· Experience with web technologies and web content management systems, particularly Drupal
· Collaborative nature and ability to work on multiple projects
· Ability to communicate both face-to-face and in written reports
· Attention to detail and problem solving capabilities
If you join our team, you can expect:
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
- To engage with business and technical partners across the Assembly
- To be encouraged and supported to grow your career through training and development
Salary Range Minimum: $50,616
File No.: LA-2018-47
Closing Date: October 21, 2018
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ontla.on.ca and select Employment for more details.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario is an inclusive employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.