Records Technician – Canadian Tire Real Estate – C04PPB
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
Reporting to the Manager, Records Management, the Records Technician performs complex analytical and interpretive tasks using Real Estate and Construction records to extract relevant information that is used to answer complex questions. This position will apply specialized technical skills to manage records related systems. This position works closely with all levels in Real Estate, Construction and Legal on Records Information Management (“RIM”) related issues.
What you’ll do
- Respond to complex requests for agreements, drawings, information and records relating to a specific project or issue. Conduct extensive research and leverage subject matter expertise and advanced search techniques to locate and determine the relevant and appropriate documents required. Collect relevant files from several areas of the collection. Interpret and review content of documents to ensure relevance and determine if additional content is required.
- Manage the Records Software (TRIM) which includes the maintenance, support and enforcement of records and information management standards and monitoring of on-site collections. Enforce and evaluate procedures on the checking in and out of documents and other workflows and makes recommendations for improvement as required.
- Communicate policies and procedures of the records centre to end users. Train and provide coaching to end-users on the use of the records software and proper search techniques. Identify issues and inefficiencies of the process and identify areas of improvement.
- Validate integrity of new accessions to the records collection using established quality control procedures to verify completeness/thoroughness of the records. Classify and process incoming information according to RIM procedures to meet organizational compliance requirements.
- Assess the records using extensive knowledge of Real Estate, Legal and Construction documents to determine, extract and input metadata into CTREL’s RIM software. Research, develop, revise and monitor taxonomies according to business requirements and RIM industry practices.
- Determine record hierarchy and associated records to ensure all items are correctly linked, related and associated for easy and accurate retrieval within the records software. Conduct research from various sources to identify associated records.
- Support the imaging activities for the Records Information Management program and project objectives by establishing procedures and making recommendations on the continuous improvement and streamlining of the process.
- Perform file maintenance tasks including interfiling and applying tracking to maintain the records and information repository integrity. Identifies which files need to be culled and sent offsite or deactivated.
- Administer storage procedures and disposition reports for inactive records by coordinating the transfer of records to and from off-site approved records storage locations.
Who you are
- We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
- Post Secondary education, specializing in the field of Records Management
- 2 – 4 years of relevant work experience in Records Management
- Extensive knowledge of Real Estate and Construction Documents specifically in the area of Leases & Titles, Environmental Reports and Construction Engineering drawings
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of desktop office software
- Demonstrated competency in proofreading
- Knowledge of Records Information software (e.g. Trim)
- Experience reading legal documentation
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and as built drawings
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to research complex questions, analyze information and present findings
- Ability to carry 35 lbs
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience. Real Estate & Construction
Job Posting : Jul 11, 2018, 11:12:03 AM
More information and how to apply: https://cantire.taleo.net/careersection/ctc_ent_one/jobdetail.ftl?job=C04PPB&tz=GMT-04%3A00