You have all the skills necessary to be a good reference librarian, and are looking for a position that provides variety and the chance to be creative. You also have an interest in using technology and understand the basics of adult learning principles, both of which you will use to provide learning opportunities to articling students and lawyers.
The small team at the Toronto Lawyers Association (TLA) works in a traditional environment but with a view to using the advantages of 21st-century technology. This unique position brings the library and association services together to serve TLA members and others in the community who use the Courthouse Library at 361 University Ave.
The Outreach Service Librarian is
• a motivated self-starter
• progressive and forward-looking
• enjoys working with a variety of people and personalities
• a team player
• a lifelong learner
• flexible and likes variety
Qualifications and Skills:
• Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Studies is required
• Minimum of 1 year of reference experience. Legal reference/research would be an asset
• Experience with Quicklaw and Westlaw
• Excellent written and editing skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proven aptitude for wide-ranging use of technology
• Enthusiastic communicator and with well-honed presentation skills
• Ability to adapt to the evolving world of courthouse library
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Reference & Outreach Librarian in the subject line.
While we appreciate your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.