Full-Time & Part-Time (6 Month Contract with Possibility of Extension)
For the past 64 years, Findhelp/211 Central (www.findhelp.ca) has been a trusted hub of community information. Each year we connect over 300,000 callers and 2 million web users to more than 60,000 services and supports in Ontario and beyond. Findhelp/211 Central not only connects people to the services that they need but also provides vital trend information for community planning and public benefit. Our dynamic team strives for excellence in all that we do, creating connections and solutions to build strong communities. We prioritize organizational health, a learning culture and opportunities for growth and professional development.
We are looking to expand our team of Resource Specialists who are responsible for tasks that maintain the integrity and quality of the information in the database of community programs and agencies used to support the delivery of phone and web-based service to people in Ontario and beyond. The successful applicant is an Information and Referral professional who brings best practices in the field to the Findhelp’s team. An additional objective of this position is to support the organization through resource dissemination and to contribute to projects and programs that support resource-related projects.
In this role you have the benefit of working from home during the COVID 19 Pandemic crisis.
The candidate should have access to a quiet work-from-home environment and must have a reliable internet connection.
• A key function of this position is to maintain our Community Resource Database. This involves researching and consulting with community organizations, agencies, stakeholders and governments to identify and gather suitable resources for inclusion in the database
• Creating, entering and updating records through Content Management Systems ensuring accuracy and accessibility, and according to recognized Information and Referral Standards including the 211 LA County Taxonomy.
• Managing and maintaining Findhelp’s metadata related to agency records, including 211 LA County Taxonomy filters. This may include making indexing and classification decisions and overseeing a variety of solicitation methods and processes used to confirm the accuracy and completeness of record information.
• Responding quickly to partner and colleague requests for data exports and updates
• Raising Findhelp’s Information and Referral profile by representing Findhelp in professional development and community-based initiatives supporting the development of the Community Resource Database and making presentations detailing our Information and Referral practices.
• Keeping current with trends and issues in the field of Information and Referral in order to make recommendations for action related to the work at Findhelp.
• Ensuring professional development by attending trainings and keeping aware of updates in the nonprofit sector
• Assisting in the development of Information and Referral policies and procedures, performing queries of the Community Resource Database to assist in the development of reports
• Other responsibilities as required to meet department and organizational goals
• Strong communications skills (written, interpersonal, documentation, listening, and presenting)
• Strong team player and solutions focused problem-solver
• A minimum of 1-year experience editing, proofing, and data organizing
• A minimum of 1-year experience working with directory databases and classification systems
• Experience with automated information systems
• Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
• Strong database management skills
• Ability to work with speed, accuracy and consistency to support tight deadlines
• Advanced organizational and time management skills
• Strong analytical skills; very detail oriented
• Advanced computer skills (e.g. Microsoft applications, Internet research)
• Good relationship building skills
• Able to work independently, prioritize, and take initiative
Knowledge, Education and Certifications/Licences:
• MLIS Degree in Library and Information Science or post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge and understanding of community, social and human services field in Ontario
• Understanding of information classification systems, taxonomy and style guides
• CRS-DC (Community Resource Specialist – Database Curator) AIRS certification an asset
• French an asset
If you meet the criteria outlined above, and are inspired by Findhelp’s Mission and Vision, we would love to hear from you!
Salary and Benefits:
Full-Time positions consist of 140 hours of work in a four-week period. Part-Time positions consist of a maximum of 79 hours in a four-week period.
Hourly Rate Range: starts at $26.16 to $30.72 plus 18.25% in lieu of benefits.
Applicants will be reviewed as received until suitable candidates are found. Please send a cover letter and resume by August 3, 2020 to:
Cristina Umana, HR and Administration Manager
Fax: 416-392-4404 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This position is part of CUPE Local 3173.
Findhelp|211 Central believes that diversity helps us solve problems and improves the way we work. Equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the application process by contacting our human resources department
at email@example.com so that appropriate arrangements can be made with you.