EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 13,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Content Management (CM) is a dynamic team resulting from the recently merged Library and Records Management teams at EDC. The team is responsible for the management of external and internal content, evaluating and procuring external information subscriptions, as well as provisioning and governance of SharePoint.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience in corporate library and information management practices and a strong background in collection development of financial, news and industry subscription. The Senior Collection Development Librarian will lead the execution of defined projects as part of the company’s Content Management strategy development to facilitate the evolution of information subscription management at EDC. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for developing and auditing the framework for the governance of subscription advisory services including analyzing the external information requirements of teams, projects, and business lines, with the goal of recommending subscriptions that satisfy both business and any transaction requirements, while adhering to budget limitations.
• Independently refines and implements subscription management Governance with the business, including evaluation of charge-back models and assessment/prioritization of critical subscriptions
• Works with leader and Advisors on the implementation of strategic plans and defined Content Governance objectives, including the integration of policies within business units and the technology required to support the teams and the organization
• Manages the project documentation and provides relevant updates to management on issues relating to project risk and scope
• Leads CM enterprise training initiatives in the external subscription space, maintains the library catalogue of subscriptions, as well as user lists
• Analyzes the external data and information requirements of business lines and IT projects; advises on favorable vendor solutions by negotiating for new procurements and renewal of contracts and ensures processes adhere to licensing terms
• Provides strategic and expert advice and customer-focused solutions by developing an in-depth understanding of specific internal customer groups
• Manages relationships with key internal partners (such as Vendor Management, Accounts Payable, Legal and Procurement) in order to achieve Content Management objectives
• Ensures that EDC business and support programs have access to essential external information and business intelligence through the provision of external databases and data feed subscriptions
• Graduate degree in Library Science or Information Management from an ALA-accredited institution
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a client advisory role in library subscription management, preferably in a corporate or special library
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including strong presentation skills
• Knowledge of external information sources and services, including financial/market data, companies, news, industries, economics, country and political risk, risk management, and legal sources
• Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
• Understanding of SharePoint collaboration solutions and architecture
• Knowledge of issues surrounding digital licensing agreements and cost negotiation
• Understanding of SydneyPlus or other Integrated Library Systems
• $87,300 – $131,000 + performance-based incentive
• Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday, September 25, 2020 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.