SUNDAY CUSTOMER & COMMUNITY SERVICE SPECIALIST (Contract)
East Gwillimbury Public Library
East Gwillimbury Public Library (www.egpl.ca) serves a growing population of over 24,000 in an
urban/rural setting and is located in the Region of York, approximately 10 minutes north of the
Town of Newmarket. Library locations are located in the communities of Holland Landing and Mount
Albert. East Gwillimbury is poised to reach 40,000 residents by 2020.
East Gwillimbury Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and creative individual for
the position of Sunday Customer & Community Service Specialist (Contract). You will design,
deliver, and promote innovative programs, outreach, and services to meet community needs and
advance the Library’s mission, and you look to the community to develop partnerships. You will be
for staff supervision and branch operations in the absence of the branch manager.
Working at the Holland Landing branch, you will provide a welcoming and engaging library service by
providing instruction, in-depth information and Readers’ Advisory services to the public of all
ages and assist them with public access computers and electronic databases.
• Library Techniques Diploma or combination of post-secondary education and equivalent
experience as determined by the employer
• Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience.
• Experience in providing training with various technologies.
• Demonstrated achievement in the development and delivery of innovative and industry trend
setting library programming across all demographics.
• Proficiency in actively managing internal and external relationships and community
• Ability to provide in-depth reference, reader’s advisory and circulation services.
• Demonstrated knowledge of library services, operations, and policies.
• Competence with social media; marketing library services, and an awareness and understanding
of technology trends.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Able to manage shifting priorities in a busy environment and work with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem solving, mature judgment, and exceptional customer service and interpersonal
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Fluency in English (verbal, writing, and reading.)
• Experience with SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system an asset.
• Valid Province of Ontario driver’s license and use of a reliable personal vehicle is required
• Successful candidate will be required to produce a police check dated within 12 months.
Working Conditions Schedule: 12:30 – 5:00 p.m., two Sundays a month
Status: Temporary contract from mid-October, 2019 – mid-May 2020
Hourly Rate $27.17
Deadline 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 30, 2019
How and Where to Apply
Please provide a covering letter and resume marked CONFIDENTIAL and addressed to:
Manager, Programs and Community Engagement East Gwillimbury Public Library
P.O. Box 1609, 19513 Yonge Street Holland Landing, ON
Fax: (905) 836-6499 or (905) 473-5103
East Gwillimbury Public Library is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive environment
that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the principles of
the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and have established policies,
procedures, and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards of the AODA. Should you
require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please notify the contact person
identified in this posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview
will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of
Information and Protection of Personal Privacy Act and will only be used for candidate selection.