The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
POSITION: Toronto Academic Library Internship (2nd Year TALint)
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: September 2017 – August 2018
DEPARTMENT: Faculty and Student Engagement
The Office of Faculty and Student Engagement undertakes and supports system-wide programs that connect students
and faculty with U of T libraries and librarians.
The Office requires a Research and Program Assistant to provide research and program support for current departmental activities as well as new initiatives under consideration. This position will report to the Student Engagement Librarian.
We are looking for a University of Toronto iSchool student with:
- Excellent oral, written, and web-based communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage workflow, projects, and multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work well independently once projects are assigned
- Proven ability to use a variety of technological applications, including Microsoft Office (in particular Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), WordPress (or related applications). Interest in and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience creating, curating, and publishing social media content on a variety of social media platforms
- Experience in marketing, communications, writing/editing or a related field
- Experience in copyediting
- Experience in teaching and instruction, especially around information literacy as well as eLearning (i.e. creating online modules)
- Experience in event planning and support
- Maintain, update, and enhance websites and portals that support the work of U of T reference, liaison, and
teaching librarians. Assist librarians in registering, posting, and using these resources.
- Track selected library listservs to identify and make available useful documents and teaching materials that
can be shared with librarians across the library system.
- Monitor the library’s workshop planning calendar to release new workshops for public registration.
- Provide program and event support for new and ongoing student engagement, orientation, and outreach initiatives, such as the Personal Librarian program, Undergraduate Research Awards, library support for student journals.
- Investigate, research, and report on initiatives and opportunities for new programs to enhance student
- Provide regular maintenance of essential research guides.
- Provide assessment support and analysis of statistics and data related to ongoing projects
- Attend and present projects and initiatives at library committees, as required
- Assist in social media content creation, monitoring and assessment on the various UTL social media accounts
- Write articles, and create other content for other library publications and communications aimed at students and faculty
- Other related duties as assigned
HOURS: 15 hours per week
Using the naming convention, “Last Name, First Name.TALINT.FSE”,
please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until April 25, 2017