Latest Faculty of Information News

2018 Income Tax Information

Submitted on Monday, December 10, 2018

2018 Tuition & Education Amount Certificates (T2202A) and 2018 T4A slips for the 2018 calendar year will be available on ACORN as of February 21, 2019.

For more information, please visit the Student Accounts website.

International students can find instructions and tips on the following pages:

Free tax clinics can be found throughout the city:

UTAPS and Income Tax Returns
Please note for students who have received received a T4A for your UTAPS and you are a Full-time student you do NOT need to declare it on your income tax return. For more information please see information on Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, study grants, and artists’ project grants (awards).

Please note:
The above tips/information are meant to provide a helpful guide to commonly used tax credits and benefits only. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website provides information for students students on a wide range of taxation topics. In addition, the CRA’s annual Students and Income Tax brochure is a useful source of information for students.

Filed under: